Any bookworms out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any bookworms out there?

I have started reading a book called "Sober for Good: New Solutions for Drinking Problems--Advice from Those Who Have Succeeded." by Anne Fletcher. It's pretty interesting so far. I can identify with a lot of what they've gone through. It's similar to hearing people's stories on here, but more in depth.

I also read Allen Carr's "Stop Drinking the EasyWay."
    this one sort of brainwashes you into not wanting to drink again. He rambles at times, but I have to say it's hard to argue with some of his points and the "brainwashing" does help.

Just thought I'd share these two titles. I am a voracious reader so I'll post more as I get them. I'd love to hear from any of you who have read any good books to help in this process....

Take care everyone! We are all worth fighting for!! I want the old ME back!!!! We can do it!!!!:h
    Part of learning is getting it Wrong.
    The past is gone forever. Keep it Moving.

Any bookworms out there?

Hiya Keg,

I am a self confessed bookworm

There is a lovely section here at MWO Under "Daily Life" called "What are you reading"... there are lots of books with the AL theme which have been discussed and also just books that members have found interesting or a good read.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Any bookworms out there?

I hated Carr's book but I stopped drinking anyway. I think everyone needs a different approach, and every approach may be valid for someone.

Comment

Any bookworms out there?

I really liked Drinking: A Love Story. I found I could relate to much of what she wrote in her book.
        ODAT!

Comment

Working...
        X