Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Stop

Hi there everyone

This is my first visit to this site. I am one of those people who think I don't have a drinking problem - how wrong I am. I know when I wake up that I will have a drink that night! I cannot wait for 5pm so I can open a bottle of wine and enjoy 1 or 2 or 10 glasses. I tend to drink one night on and one night off!! If I eat I stop the drinking but if I don't I carry on! I think that I need to be AF as I have no self control. If I go to a friend for a drink, it does not matter how long I am there 1 hour or 5 hours, I always leave in the same condition - far too much to drink!!! Help!

Can't Stop

Welcome Can't Stop,

Your story are almost the same as mine, i don't have any good advice here but im starting (again) today for AF, so maybe we can do it together? you will find lot's of support here...so keep hangin in here...
    AF today

Comment

Can't Stop

Hello Cant stop and Lovemylife
      I too cannot stop, its ridiculous, however today is a new day, lets all do this together? Strength in numbers!!! I tried last week and caved in when I felt awful. I am doing lots of reading and probably attend an AA mtg.
      Take care
      P
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Can't Stop

Hello Milly, it's a good start to do it together...so let's do it. This time we try more harder, ok?
        AF today

Comment

Can't Stop

Hi Can't Stop,

Welcome to MWO, this is a great place!
          You've taken the first step to improve your life, that's great. Next is to read the MWO book, you can download & read it immediately from the Health Store right on this site, then make your plan.

You definitely can stop, many, many of us have but you need to commit yourself! Look in the Toolbox (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas to help you make your plan.
          Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread, lots of folks there just getting started as well.

Wishing you the best on your journey!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Can't Stop

I REALLY wish you wouldn't have chosen that name!! Even though that's the way you feel right now... I don't think it's good to have such a negative name that you will see every time you log on.

Just my two cents!!

I do want to say Welcome, too!!
            Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Can't Stop

Thank you all so much for your encouragement. Savon19, you are so right about the name - maybe I should look at is as Can't Stop - "loving every moment I am AF". Love my Life and Milly 24 - lets do it together - can't stop today coz i've already had 2 glasses of wine - no turning back!

Comment

Can't Stop

hi cant ? stop ? anyone can stop , theres the old philosify of staying stopped F O R E VE R ,which bothers most ? i agree with savon19,the name was your choice, but ,you should ditch the name,last thing you need to hear rt now ? who gives a crap about the name,i just want to stop the nasty cycle,i havent been here for a while,holidays,you recognise the problem ,thts the 1st step,2nd youve found a great site,wont always hear what you want,people wont always be nice,but you will lern,theere is hope,theres many different ,threads,just choose what soots you,were hear for you gyco

Comment

Can't Stop

Can't stop, i had 3 cans of beer about 10 hours ago, and i still want to start AF after that. No matter when you decide to start, we will always start together. Because I don't know whether i have to restart all over again, but i just won't stop trying,,:l
                  AF today

Comment

Can't Stop

Can I join you guys? I am going thru a bit of a rough patch and need some support to get back to being AF. I had 10 months AF and then fell. I thought I was kind of "in control" until yesterday-today I am trying to lick my wounds and just get through the day. For me, I know if I can get through a couple of days I will be likely to be able to do another long period. Onward and Upward!!! Krigs
                    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Can't Stop

Hi Kriger, 10 months is awesome, my longest AF was only 4 months. And of course you are welcome to join us and thank you for want to join us we will suport each other. so, the journey begin now....lol
                      AF today

Comment

Can't Stop

Yep, Love....the journey begins right here and right now!
                        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Can't Stop

Hello everyone
                          Any ideas on helping family members really understand the problem?? My husband and (adult) daughter are supportive but I think they think I am overreacting to the extent of my problem and what I need to do to conquer it. (could be because I have tended to overreact in the past, lol!!). I really need their support but on the other hand I don't want my sobriety to be my main issue, even though it really is. OK now I am rambling, so I will sign off. Any thoughts??
                          P
                          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Can't Stop

Milly,
                            I think they will begin to see how serious it is when you start the fight to be AF. The main thing is to keep communication open and honest; if you let your family know when you are struggling then they will get the picture and realize the seriousness of the problem. They can also be much more help to you if they know how you are feeling. Keep talking and sharing and they will be able to offer the support you need. Of course we are all here to offer that as well. Before you know it you will be well on your way down the road to recovery! Krigs

Comment

Can't Stop

Hi Everyone, You guys stick together as a group. Strength in numbers
                              we all have our bumps in the road- take one day at a time- keep strong an lean on each other for strength!
                              good luck on your new life
                              We're all here to help you!
                              DLW
                              Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                              And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                                Today is a Mystery
                                Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Working...
                              X