Can't Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Stop

Hi Can't Stop & welcome- you sound just like I did when I got here...didn't want to admit I had a problem - sometimes I could have just 2 glasses and then stop so that's proof right?? WRONG
    I also had the thing where if I ate I would stop drinking but if I was on a bender I wouldn't eat at all - I now use that to my advantage and eat first when I craved a drink.
    You guys stick together - there's strength in numbers.
    Good luck people - you CAN stop.

xo

Comment

Can't Stop

Never stop trying.

Big hugs and good luck to you. You can do it!
      When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
      -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Can't Stop

Hi and welcome!
        From what you've said, i think you have a REALLY good shot ate completely stopping drinking. The fact that you can drink one night and not the next shows you do have some self control. Most of us can't do that, it's every night. ALso you stop when you eat.... Fantastic, something i never could.
        SO on that note, try getting rid of all the drink in the house, make dinner plans for the week, come home, cook up a nice dinner and settle down on the sofa with a nice cup of tea. Try staying away from anywhere you are likely to come in contact with drink.... bars, clubs and places or isles that sell drink. See how it goes.
        Good luck!! Stay positive. You need to change your routine!

Comment

Can't Stop

i keep wanting to think i can mod but sometimes (often) go too far...

Comment

Can't Stop

Can't Stop;734617 wrote: Hi there everyone

This is my first visit to this site. I am one of those people who think I don't have a drinking problem - how wrong I am. I know when I wake up that I will have a drink that night! I cannot wait for 5pm so I can open a bottle of wine and enjoy 1 or 2 or 10 glasses. I tend to drink one night on and one night off!! If I eat I stop the drinking but if I don't I carry on! I think that I need to be AF as I have no self control. If I go to a friend for a drink, it does not matter how long I am there 1 hour or 5 hours, I always leave in the same condition - far too much to drink!!! Help!
            I too cant stop at a moderate anount. Making excuses, like I am having fun. I need to be AF period. Moderation is not there. Gotta give it up.
            I don't want to drink anymore....So, quit.

Comment

Can't Stop

I am in the same boat as the first lady that posted. I wonder how to stop? I just cant. I have tried several different things just end up going back to that bottle of wine. Sometimes you just wonder if you ever could just stop like that.

Comment

Can't Stop

dlw;734731 wrote: Hi Everyone, You guys stick together as a group. Strength in numbers
                we all have our bumps in the road- take one day at a time- keep strong an lean on each other for strength!
                good luck on your new life
                We're all here to help you!
                I love your signature. Yesterday is history...
                I don't want to drink anymore....So, quit.

Comment

Can't Stop

Hi All,
                  I did really well yesterday and continuing today. I have been AF for over 36 hours now and NF for about 15 hours. It is amazing to me how much better I feel (mentally) after just a few short hours without AL (or cigs). I have decided to do this abstinance from both AL and Nic this time.....I like the way I smell today; that's for sure. I hope everyone else is doing well! Let's stay close.
                  Kriger
                  "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                  X