Will time ever change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will time ever change

I am new here. How I found this site and why, God only knows. I have been a heavy drinker for 26 years 3 months and 4 days. I will drink until I pass out and then wake up hrs later only to drink again until I pass out and then it is another day. Headaches and heartaches are in between. I do not feel guilty since i am passed that by several years. I do not drive nor leave my house when i drink. I like the hard stuff, but will start out with 4 to 6 beers. My body is still fine but I doubt my liver is. Perhaps with your prayers, I will find the power inside to quite. :new:

Will time ever change

welcome wine...

Comment

Will time ever change

Hello. As you say, God only knows why...but I am so thankful I found this site. I am only days in...just searching for help...but I've never found sound such acceptance and love before. Glad you have reached out as well...I believe in the power of prayer...and I believe you find the power to quit. Best wishes!!

Comment

Will time ever change

Wine, you've found the right place to just carve out a spot for yourself and make your own progress in the way you need to.

All the best
        Chicken

Comment

Will time ever change

Wine,
          It's a wonderful site that all of us desperate looking for help seemed to stumble upon.

There is so much good info here. Just start reading the posts, hang at Newbie's Nest for starters. We're all here to help you on your wonderful MWO journey.

Hugs,
          Eve11
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Will time ever change

:welcome:

Wine,

I'm another one that just stumbled here.

Just read and read again.

Stay close. Settle in. You've found a good safe place. We've all been in the same boat as you at one time or another.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Love Jackie xxx
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Will time ever change

Welcome. I too have NOOO idea how i found this site but it's really helped me become sober. You've taken the first step! Now to take the next.... getting rid of the drink in the house!
              Good luck!

Comment

Will time ever change

Welcome love,

I think you'll be surprised at how much guilt we can suppress and hide from ourselves. I used to think I was some laid back peaceful hippie type dude that didn't 'do' angry. I got a real wake up call when I realised that anger (as with guilt) is just one of the many emotions we humans have to deal with in our lives. These feelings are natural, but I express them in a much healthier way today through being abstinent from all mind altering substances including alcohol. Alcohol was my solution to suppress all these feelings so I didn't have to deal with them. So as you can imagine when I stopped drinking all these feelings were still there. But as I slowly stripped away the layers I could see just how emotionally unbalanced I was. I still had the emotional intelligence of a child.

So when you say you don't feel guilty I would probably agree with you right now but it would be my guess that the longer you stay abstinent the more those feelings will surface. Just don't let them bite you in the ass!

Again, welcome and I hope you'll stick around and get the support you need here.

Love and Light
                Phil
                xx
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Will time ever change

Hi wineilove, I hope this site helps you with your struggle. I know how you feel. You're not alone. It helps me just to check in daily.

I am curious about your story though. You know exactly when you became an alcoholic. It seems that with most people, it sneaks up on them. I think I am the same as you, I can point to the date and probably the exact hour, give or take a few minutes. In my early twenties I rarely drank, never thought about it and could really take it or leave it. Then when I was 24, my fiance announced that he was moving in with some woman that he'd been seeing on the side for a year. The way he did it was also very demeaning (had her on his arm did it in front of her and other people). Since we were at a night club that we both worked in at the time, the drinks were readily available and that's exactly when it started. I've been struggling ever since (over 20 years).

I didn't mean to make this thread about me, I was just wondering if there's something about this "sudden" dependance on alcohol to solve a problem that can lead to a solution.

Comment

Will time ever change

Hi wine,

Welcome to MWO!
                    I think must of us found this place while stumbling, searching for a hand to hang on to, hoping & praying for help! You have found a great place, lots of love & support here, for sure!

Why not start by downloading & reading the MWO book (from the Health Store), it has lots of good information. You need to make a plan for yourself. Look in the Toolbox (located in the Monthy Abstinence section) for good ideas.

Do lots of reading, please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread. Lots of folks there just beginning as well.

Wishing you the best!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Will time ever change

Hi Wine, I thought the love you speak of was spoken for. I now find I'm being cheated on by another. That Wine you love is a person of easy virtue and not in an exclusive relationship with you. Time to (delete as appropriate) ditch the bitch / ban the man. I'm not religious but if I was my prayers would be with you.
                      j.
                      "Everywhere is in walking distance....if you have the time."

Comment

Will time ever change

Hang in there...

Lets beat this together....
                        I don't want to drink anymore....So, quit.

Comment

Will time ever change

Hi Wine, yes you can get well, as I have after more years being drunk than I care to remember. I and most people on this site know how you feel, and we will be there for you when you need us.
                          Sending prayers to you.

Comment

Will time ever change

Thank you

This was a powerful message (Thank you) I decided this day I will not drink. I am already sweating and shaking. I know I will not be able to sleep tonight. When I attempted to cut back in the past, I got panic attacks and I think even a seizure of some sort.

--------------

work in progress;735234 wrote: Hi wineilove, I hope this site helps you with your struggle. I know how you feel. You're not alone. It helps me just to check in daily.

I am curious about your story though. You know exactly when you became an alcoholic. It seems that with most people, it sneaks up on them. I think I am the same as you, I can point to the date and probably the exact hour, give or take a few minutes. In my early twenties I rarely drank, never thought about it and could really take it or leave it. Then when I was 24, my fiance announced that he was moving in with some woman that he'd been seeing on the side for a year. The way he did it was also very demeaning (had her on his arm did it in front of her and other people). Since we were at a night club that we both worked in at the time, the drinks were readily available and that's exactly when it started. I've been struggling ever since (over 20 years).

I didn't mean to make this thread about me, I was just wondering if there's something about this "sudden" dependance on alcohol to solve a problem that can lead to a solution.

Comment

Will time ever change

Welcome
                              I think I found this site when I absolutely knew I was ready to face my alcohol problem. It's been so helpful to be here everyday. Now it's part of my daily routine and one that I always look forward to.
                              You will find much knowledge and support here. Best of luck on your journey. Stick around!
                              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Working...
                              X