Will time ever change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will time ever change

Sounds good Wine! Give it a try. Use the search feature on the site for "Panic" to find threads on panic attacks. That's the most common reaction. Not sleeping is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE, but it won't kill you and I always got over it in 3-4 days. Some of the supplements can help this, but they tend to work differently for different people.

Good luck, and post anything any time of day or night. People are here with you, doing or having done the exact same thing.

Comment

Will time ever change

Thank you

I though about this and I do agree, I do feel guilty (even about my drinking) or i would not want to quit ever. I do care about my health and family. It is time to face the truth and the truth id I have many shortcomings that I care not admit; very painful. I am human though and will learn from my mistakes. The first mistake is ever drinking in the first place. It is 2:05 AM and i am up typing this because I did not drink tonight and am shaking like mad. I don't want to give in one my first day. I thought this would be easier than it is. Well, it's back to the sweating, chills and and insomnia (at least I am alive to feel the pain of recovery) If I fail and drink again, well, I'll deal with it and get back on the bicycle and try-try again. I will stay in here and with this site even if i get drunk again (I'll be typing drunk looking to quit again)

Thanks so much for the truth...

hippie37;735072 wrote: Welcome love,

I think you'll be surprised at how much guilt we can suppress and hide from ourselves. I used to think I was some laid back peaceful hippie type dude that didn't 'do' angry. I got a real wake up call when I realised that anger (as with guilt) is just one of the many emotions we humans have to deal with in our lives. These feelings are natural, but I express them in a much healthier way today through being abstinent from all mind altering substances including alcohol. Alcohol was my solution to suppress all these feelings so I didn't have to deal with them. So as you can imagine when I stopped drinking all these feelings were still there. But as I slowly stripped away the layers I could see just how emotionally unbalanced I was. I still had the emotional intelligence of a child.

So when you say you don't feel guilty I would probably agree with you right now but it would be my guess that the longer you stay abstinent the more those feelings will surface. Just don't let them bite you in the ass!

Again, welcome and I hope you'll stick around and get the support you need here.

Love and Light
      Phil
      xx

Comment

Will time ever change

Welcome Wine,
        Stay around here and read the posts. You will find many just like yourself. Getting sober is hard work but I believe the reward is worth your efforts. Try setting small goals for yourself initially. Then reward yourself w/ something you like to do (like get out of that house and get some ice cream, go to the book store, gym, a move, etc...)
        AF since 2/4/10
        Nicotine free since 3/31/10
        FINALLY FREE

Comment

Will time ever change

lack of sleep

hi wine .... I too have been drinking for a long time ... ihave tried to give up many times and know about the sweats and shakes and vomiting and lack of sleep ........ wine lack of sleep doesnt kill you so just ride it out ... be careful about the vomiting ..... i breathed it in on one attempt and thought i was going to die ..... get a bowl or bucket by your bed .... a pint of water .... its not fun retching nothing and see it through ..... if you can slap a dvd on or the radio and just keep as still as you can until you are through the worst ...... you can do this ... i am 5 days AF now .... I tapered off this time rather than went cold turkey and it seems to have worked for me ...... but it s taken many attempts like you are now going through to learn how to do it ....... go for it ...... all the very best wine .... look after yourself ..... pompeyman
          I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Will time ever change

Tired too...

Keep trying mo mattter what...
            I don't want to drink anymore....So, quit.

Comment

Will time ever change

Welcome Wine

I "stumbled" across this site while searching for some sort of rehab I could get into. Just know you are not alone. Stay close, keep reading and posting. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. There really is a lot of love and support here.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Will time ever change

3 days in (wanting that drink real bad at the moment)

Comment

Will time ever change

I have learned... the way for me to stay sober is: DON'T BUY ANY!

Like you, I stay at home when drinking - very afraid of driving!

The Very rare times I'm out in a situation where ppl are drinking, I am good about sticking to just 1-2. It's when I'm at home that I get out of control!

This site is wonderful. Glad you found it!

(I'm quite sure that I wouldn't have had some of the long AF periods that I have this past year had I not found this place.)

Good luck!

And great going on 3 days.
                  Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Will time ever change

I am 3 days in and feel pretty well. I went through all 3 nights with "almost" no sleep whatsoever. It's fine though - a few sleepless nights for freedom of the bottle is well worth it. I do crave for the bottle or anything with alcohol in it but also know as soon as I take that first drink, it will be over and game on...Then, a little later, I'll feel like crud and want to quit again (and with the withdrawals and pain of yet quiting again) I think it's better to just stay AF. 3 days isn't bad for me...LOL

Comment

Will time ever change

wine, 3 days. congrats! im just on my 2nd day (again) this time whenever i feel the craves (well for both AL and Nicotine) i will tell my self if just one puff and one glass i will need to starting all over again. And im tired with that kind of me....so we just hangin there to stay AF, ok? Good luck to us :l
                      AF today

Comment

Working...
                      X