my kids deserve better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there- I just wrote a post that I was pretty proud of. Something happened though and it got lost:yuk:. So I'll do this shorter and faster. I have three kids and a terrific husband. Life's great but we drink so much our recycling is embarassing. I want to quit. I don't want this to mess my chidren up the way my Dad's drinking messed me up. This stuff is so genetic. My brothers a lush too, but very low functioning. My dad is more like me, not messed up outwardly just not there. He's trying to stop drinking now also. We both have ordered meds and the book. I hope we can be a better Mom and Grandad this way. I'm turning 30 in October which puts me at 16 years of problem drinking. My Dad's Dad I never met cause he went crazy from drinking and died of cirohsis (sp?) The thought of all my kids inheriting this awful disease makes me want to figure out a solution even more.Well thanks for reading, this was still longer than I meant it to be.

HI freckles. Welcome to our site. I hope you will find that it works for you. Good for you for wanting to make a change so early in your life. I totally undertsand the recycling bin disgust. My husband is a non drinker so I only have myself to blame!!!! Stay in touch.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thanks for that fast reply. I've been lurking on this site for a few months now. It's just time.

Comment

Hey Freckles--:welcome:
        You're right--your kids DO deserve better--but so do YOU!
        So glad you decided to join us--you AND your Dad! Wow!

Keep on reading and posting--this is a fantastic group!
        :h
        susan
        "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Working...
        X