worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worried

i am 25 an just coming 2 terms with the fact i have a drink problem i am a single mother 0f 2 children an feel so isulated because of my drinking just talking about alcohol makes me want to go to the pub it gives me a thirst that nobody seems to understand i dont like been this person but i love the feeling of bn drunk i need to change im scarred my kids wil grow up with bad memories of me

worried

hi and :welcome: hopestar,you have just taken the first step in your battle with alcohol.There is a great community here which can help and give some good advice,hope you stay with us and keep on posting,there is a newbies thread that will be of great help. :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

worried

:hello2:,

hopestar,

Good safe place you've found here. There's loads of advice and no-one judges you.

Have a good read around. Have a look in the 'Newbies Nest' and just say hello.

Good for you to have recognized that you have a problem now rather than later.

Stay close. Ask questions no matter how dumb you think they might be, You should see some of mine.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Love Jackie xxx

AF (alcohol free) since 7/7/2009
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

worried

Welcome Hopestar!!

I began by downloading the book "My Way Out" and read it from cover to cover. It helped me devise a plan to get back my life.

There's no better time than right now
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

worried

Hi Hopestar and Welcome! It's so great you found this place. If you stick here and do a lot of reading and post when you can, you will be amazed at the support you will receive. Your children need their mom. Now is the time to start your journey to sobriety and we'll help. It's not easy, but it's so worth it! Big hugs and all the best to you, Hopestar!
          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

worried

this site is amazing if only id found it a year ago im already feeling so postive an confident i can do this xx

Comment

worried

Hi hopestar,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place, so glad you found us!
              You've made a great decision for yourself and for your kids.
              You have a lot to deal with at such a young age but you now have a huge community available for support. Be sure to stay close, check in often.

Wishing you the best, you can do this
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

worried

Welcome hopestar!

Know that feeling well of isolation and loneliness. I could be in the middle of a crowd and still feel alienated, isolated and alone. It's funny but the first ever AA meeting I went too was around your age (I'm now 39). Unfortunately I didn't stick around long enough and ended up in a worse state than ever, using not only alcohol but drugs I swore I would never use. That's how bad things got for me and I was left with no morals and my principles went right out the window.

Nearly 2 years ago I decided, like you, that I didn't want my only daughter growing up knowing her father was still a drunk and a junkie. I had to change. I had tried to change in the past for everybody else BUT me and I failed miserably. This time was no exception and I couldn't manage longer than 4 months before relapsing.

I am now just over 8 1/2 months clean and sober because I'm doing this for ME. I could only become the father I'd always wanted to be by doing it for ME and ME alone. When I started to do this all the other things just started falling into place (so as to speak). I became a decent father, brother, son and worthwhile member of society. I started to feel less isolated and paranoid and fearful. I found it easy to put down the drink but to learn to live without it was hard.

Again welcome and hope you'll stick around and start posting a bit more about yourself.

Love and Light
                Phil
                xx
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

worried

welcome :welcome: hopestar.

This is such a supportive community. Keep reading, posting and asking questions. You will find you are not a lone anymore.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

worried

thankyou so much foryour kind support something that most people cant do because they dont understand why i cant just stop iv not had a drink for 6 days but it feels much longer iv always wanted to stop because of my young children i also had promblems with drugs and when stopping them i found this is when the drink became out of control i found life extremly difficult to live straight headed i feel much better when iv bn drinking its like an escaped from reality but im very concerned about the parent i become in drink allowing my children to do things i wont normally it scars me i know i need help xx

Comment

worried

i have those same feelings but yesterday i posted that i was done drinking wine by myself late into the night and waking up feeling gross but mostly guilty. so last night i was AF. I feel like I can do this. I feel so much better today. thanks to having an anonymous forum to be honest in. i hope you try to stick around here. xx

Comment

worried

Hi hopestar - love the name that you chose - it is very positive!

Drinking does *feel* like an escape from reality, but if you continue drinking it becomes your reality.

The first week was tough for me so a big congratulations to you on doing 6 days. This is a wonderfully supportive place to be. Keep reading and posting and hang in there!

Comment

worried

Hi Hopestar! I'm new here too. I joined a year ago out of "Curiosity" but have only recently committed myself to a serious plan of moderation. This will be my day 3 AF. Each day is a struggle.
                          I am 38 and have wasted so much time with alcohol. I also had alcoholic parents but somehow convinced myself that my behavior with my own children was never like theirs so that made me OK.
                          I have suddenly realized that I don't want to wait for something truly bad to happen before I call it "rock bottom" and make a change for the positive---my children deserve that and heck! SO DO I!!

I too have found so much support here, even just in things I read and not just the things that people have posted to me directly.

Seize the day--or 6 days! You are well on your way--keep on keeping on.
                          :h:h
                          AF since 4/21/2010

Comment

Working...
                          X