I am new here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new here.

Hi, I am new here and not quite sure what to do, but I am excited that I have eventually done something! For years I have been drinking daily; never enough for anyone to really notice and never to get drunk. I always pour my evening (triple!!!) whisky and catch up with my mail and favourite game. I always swear it will only be the one, but it always becomes two and sometimes three and then the glass of wine with my dinner. Each year it is a little more and a little stronger. I hate that I don't seem to have any control and I am worried about the physical effects on my body. It is so great to read the testimonies of others in the same boat and am looking forward to starting this programme.

I am new here.

:welcome: Silky!
    You have found the greatest place! Do a lot of reading around here and post, too. We are all in this together so you will never be alone. Here's to new life for you!
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

I am new here.

Welcome Silky
      Since finding this site two weeks ago, I have realized that we are not alone in this struggle with alcohol. I am one Day 2 and feel quite optimistic.
      All the best to you
      Take care
      P
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

I am new here.

Hi silky,

Welcome t MWO, this is a good place.
        I wandered on here myself last February, went AF March 26 and I am a much happier person! I even quit smoking in May. This has been a big year of changes for me. You can do it too

If you haven't already, download & read the MWO book from the Health store here. It is full of useful info. Then take a look in the Tool Box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas to help you make your plan.

Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread, lots of folks there just gtting started as well!
        Wishing you the best!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I am new here.

Welcome silky!

As said before, you've found a wonderfully supportive community here As Lav said, the book, the toolbox thread, and lots of reading are a great way to get started.

Looking forward to getting to know you and wishing you strength and unbridled success!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I am new here.

Hi Silky

I found this site a couple of weeks ago and, although I don't post much, I do read other's posts every day and find that it helps to keep me on track. Many thanks to all you regular posters! :-)
            Minnie x

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending - make yours a happy every after :l

Sober since 4 November :fingers:

Comment

Working...
            X