disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disaster

wel that went complete tits up rite now i couldnt even tel ya how it happen but its happened iv drank i think sometimes no matter how hard u try or whatever you put in place you are who you are iv not done it bad but iv escaped from reality an tainted my thoughts ov life im gutted

disaster

Hi
    Not doing so well myself at the moment so feel free to ignore my advice, but just start again tomorrow and don't beat yourself up about it. Its always easier to give advice than take it, so I will understand if you tell me to go & *** off.
    I find that I don't drink because I really want AL, what I really want to do is escape from myself, to stop feeling and thinking, but, as you already know, or you would'nt be here, it is only a temporary affect, then it comes back at you double. So accept tonight as a write off, start again tomorrow, and be kind to yourself, imagine you were a stranger in need, not yourself, would you be as judgemental and cruel to a stranger, as you are to yourself?

Comment

disaster

iv emptied the glass an thinking about 2moro now your advice is so true the effects last 4 a few hours but its so not worth the out come in the long run iv enjoyed the moment but im goin 2 bed now to make sure it ends here cos what im thinking now wont be the same as after a gudnites sleep thanks for your kindness and support its made me change my out look on a bad situation
      gemma xx

Comment

disaster

Good for you both coming here and getting right back on the wagon. Hopestar, I 'm glad you poured out that glass! There is no time better than right now to work on sobriety. It's a gift! Hang onto it with both hands.

Strength and hope. If I can do it, so can you.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

disaster

Every moment of every day presents an opportunity for choice. Listen to your heart and soul. It will guide you if you allow it to. The art of allowing isn't easy but it is there for you if you so choose. Blessings to you.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

disaster

Stand up, dust yourself down, start again!

Comment

disaster

Never stop trying hopestar. You stumbled. Get up and get going again...you can do it!
              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

disaster

right this is it im starting again i need to do this i can do this !

Comment

disaster

well done hopestar, I have stumbled a few times, Im sure most of us here have, just remember today is day 1, have a look at the ODAT posts,good luck tawnywitch
                  Twitch

Comment

disaster

Hopestar...you are rocking.cause even though you don't feel it...the new mind-set has kicked in!
                    Well done!
                    Chook

Comment

disaster

Hopestar, I am firmly with Chook on this one! Well done.....I know it sounds horribly cliched but a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step!

Never, ever stop fighting this fight! We are all here for you, if not physically!

Ciaio

Grim
                      'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

disaster

Hi Hopestar,

Just keep close, there are many people here to hold your hand and support you.

Comment

disaster

We have all dropped the ball a few times. Today is a new day, a new chance to start over. You are worth saving and you deserve to have a good life. Happy new day!
                          AF since 2/4/10
                          Nicotine free since 3/31/10
                          FINALLY FREE

Comment

disaster

I see life as a test with many tries - no big thing to fail (well it is for some) but to succeed, you have to fail sometimes. I failed up until 2 days ago. I LOVE ALCOHOL there is no doubt about that (or, do I think I love alcohol)? I'm not sure anymore, but I am sure about one thing. I can raise my head up hi and speak to people I know close enough and not worry about my breath smelling of alcohol. I am able to look them straight in the eyes and talk to them (that is what I want) more than anything -- Freedom to be me and not someone reaking of alcohol and having to think back was my gum strong enough.

Comment

disaster

Hi Hopestar, day 1 (again) for me as well today, how are you doing?

Comment

Working...
                              X