Day 2 - tell me there's hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 of sobriety and it happens to be friday on university campus...guess where all my friends are going? I'm guessing joining them at the bars wont exactly help me stay sober but staying in alone makes me want to drink.

I'm scared and ashamed of being a 21 year old alcoholic, hard thing to explain to friends especially when drinking is the main activity here.

Would love someone to talk to right now who isn't pregaming....did anyone else out there feel a bit hopeless or scared when they started? :thanks:
    :new: "We must let go of the life we have planned so as to live the life that is waiting for us"

That is definately a tough spot to be in, but thats what this place is for. Have you been to chat. It always helps me get through the tough times. You won't feel so alone and it can be fun.

21 yo alcoholic...hmmm try being a 44 yo alcoholic, it is worse knowing the time I've wasted being wasted. Being ashamed will not help. Just be determined.

You are young and have a lot to look forward to. Just endure the uncomfortable part and it will get easier.

:l to you, stay strong
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

akgirl, thanks for the response. It does help being at this site....it's amazing, just looking through the forums. I can't believe how many people are here. It makes me feel a little less ashamed to know that all these other people are going through or have gone through the same thing. I'm looking for ways to deal with the uncomfortableness. special thanks for the hug. Even one through cyber space is always appreciated. Stay well!
      :new: "We must let go of the life we have planned so as to live the life that is waiting for us"

Comment

Yes, there is hope

There are also times where you may have to chose between your friends or an activity and your sobriety. There are times when you feel small, frightened, and alone.

But, then there comes the time when you start liking who you see in the mirror. The times, when you quietly celebrate another day sober.

Hang in there, kiddo You are very smart and lucky to be taking action NOW. Not like us old folks, eh AK? Do you know how to get to chat? It does help tremendously, to 'talk' through a craving or mood swing. Has saved my butt a few times.
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

sunshine_gg how do you get to chat? is it like AIM:thanks:

Comment

You go to the top blue bar next to user CP...Live chat. You will need Java from what I understand.

Give it a try
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Working...
            X