urgently got to go dry but its dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Soymilk "silk has the best tasting - whenever I thought I wanted a drink, I would have soymilk and trust me after that, you will not desire a drink of anything.

Hhaha! Winelove... I agree Soymilk definitely kills the desire to indulge in alcohol. I use it instead of milk when I make smoothies. It doesn't taste as horrible w/bananas and blueberries but has the same effect!

My neighbor loves it, I think it's almost as bad as left over salmon!

Comment

LJ, how are you doing this morning?
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

LJ!

So glad the old hands have stepped in to help, but just wanted you to know that I am still here and thinkiing of you! Stay strong, and like they say.."you can't heal another, before you heal yourself"
        The best gift you can give your son is a healthy parent!
        Chook

Comment

hi guys,
          woke up at 3am and had another 1/4 tab of bac stayed awake for a while but then crashed till 8am which is really strange for me normally the bad WD's kick in and have to have a drink to calm them down.

this morn woke without shakes or being sick still a bit wobbly and slowly had 1 can of beer, am taking 7.25mgs every 6 hours,

am really sweating a lot.. is that a good sign??? is it the booze coming out???
          starting to fancy a drink but am fighting it, not got any in the house and trying to occupy myself with chores..

spoke with my son this morn he was really happy and it lifted me to really do it right this time.
          it is such a big help when I read all your post I keep reading them time & time again.

Comment

Hi Ladyjan :welcome:to MWO ........

Well done on your progress so far, keep it up ........

You really have found a fabulous place with supportive people, please keep us informed of your progress, and let us know that you are OK because we are a worrying bunch!!!!!!

Love & Hugs, BB xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi LJ,
              The sweats are a normal part of withdrawal. Make sure you drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
              Keeping yourself busy is a good thing, plus reading and posting here and some gentle exercise if you can manage it.
              Maybe try writing down your reasons (in graphic detail) for wanting to quit along with your plans for your new and sober life.
              Your boy is going to be so very proud of his mum!

Comment

hi ladyjan just sending you a big :welcome:,as you can see we have a great community here make sure you keep posting and letting us know how your getting on :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hey, LJ

You're sounding good. Well done on your progress so far!

She sweats are normal, and will pass soon enough.

Please feel free to PM me if you want to discuss how you're doing on the bac, OK?

Keep it up - you'll get there!
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I drank for over 26 years (I can say drank now since for 3 days, I have gone AF). I do believe it is dangerous going cold turkey. I thought I would die at first. It's going on 5:00 AM and no sleep for the third straight day. I sleep during the day since I am a college student (an old one, but still one). It feels to me like sticking my head in an ants hill every day. All through the night (trying to fall asleep) I have been itching so badly, I think my skin will be raw by sunrise. I just gave up and am on the computer again. Hang in there, no matter how tough it gets, you have God. You will never be tempted so much that yo cannot succeed. Look at Jesus, he bled through his pours in the garden - I don't think anyone will ever have that much anguish to bleed through your skin pors. You can do it...

Comment

Yep, I know what you mean about the ants when trying to sleep, when I tried to sleep AF the first night, before starting the BAC it was like I had been three days without sleep, driving on a long journey, dizzy and my head hurt and just couldn't drop off, was like a zombie shaking,being sick and very frightend I might die if I stopped cold turkey.

thats when I found you guys....

it doesn't last long my sleep periods now, but it's getting better, I still wake up in the middle of the night but at least I am getting some sleep...and after a bit of a tab of BAC, after a while I drop off again..without the help of booze to make me sleep.

they start the random tests this week so I have got to really be a good girl..!!

I have been having less and less each day as Cat suggested.. just hope I will be OK tomorrow when I cannot risk to have any...!!!! don't want them to know just how dependant I was again on it !!!

probably I will be back in front of my PC again in the middle of the night and I can look to your posts from before for courage.. thanks to all of you, you give me strength and hope that I can do this..
                      xxxx

Comment

LJ, you CAN do this,
                        You are doing wonderfully already and I think you have the desire to quit.
                        Post away whatever time of day or night it is, there is usually someone here.
                        I have been on at all hours.
                        Just keep on telling yourself you will succeed over and over again....and you will!

Comment

Hi Ladyjan I missed your earlier posts so may I offer you a belated welcome. Well done on how far you have come, the sleeping will settle down after a while, your body is going through big changes but you can do this. As Startingover said there is always someone here day or night as we are all in different time zones.
                          Keep safe
                          KTAB
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

LadyJan..:welcome: I'm glad you found MWO , The people here are wonderful , keep positive thoughts and keep focused on your goal..:l Em
                            Non Drinker 9/09
                            Non Smoker 6/09
                            Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

morning guys,
                              well it's 6am, made it right thru the night, no shakes and no sickness just had my 1/4 BAC, feeling hungry so gonna quickly have breakfast before I lose the hunger,

fancy a beer but not "needing" one like before in the morn before it was the first thing I had and about the only liquid I would intake all day.. sure you all know that one..

well today is the 1st day I must be AF lets hope I can do it, bought soya milk to try as suggested, just hope it's not as digusting as you said!!!!!!!!
                              will let ya know how the test goes..if or when they call me...

p.s. where do you get the smileys from ?????

Comment

LJ, you are sounding goooood!!
                                I quite like soya milk myself
                                Keep up that motivation, you will get through this.
                                When you click Post Reply, smilies are to the right. They arent in Quick Reply

Comment

Working...
                                X