New here - introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here - introduction

Hi, I'm also a Newbie. Got the book, cd's and supps 2 weeks ago and started everything at the same time minus the Topamax. Have only drank on 2 occasions and have lost 5 lbs. For all the newbies who feel bad about themselves, just know that an alcohol problem has nothing to do with moral issues or willpower. It's our brain wiring and personal chemistry. Most alcoholics are hypoglycemics and that is why the supps are so important. If I wasn't drinking alcohol I was eating chocolate. Now I'm not doing either. I now have topomax but other than making me tired I was doing fine without it but will be keeping it just in case.

Good Luck to everyone.

SKendall
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

New here - introduction

Hi,
      Why are we so afraid of people knowing we have a problem. Drinking is pushed on us from our teens and when it goes too far we are afraid to let people know. I have taken to saying I am stoping for a while and most people understand that. I also comment about how I can't stop once I start and I think the honesty helps. In my blog I try and talk about my problem but also my life and kids. Even with a drink problem there are other things too.
      Love from Suz (I was in the UK, now in France; Shit place for trying to give up the booze!)
      xxxxx
      Suz
      Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

New here - introduction

Hi one and all - back from the meal - LOVELY (the pub was closed for some works to be done when we got there - they apparently left a mesage with son who forgot to tell us so we went to a lovely Indian restaurant nearby) - I had one large glass of red plus iced water only so feeling very pleased with myself, if a bit twitchy....

goingsobermum - I love France, been loads of times and I am going to Normandy for a week in Oct, that will be another great test for me. Also going to a place neare Angouleme next July. I know just what you mean about it being the worst place ever to give up the booze, I blame a trip to Brittany a few years ago for getting me off the white (which was bad enough) and on to the red! Whereabouts are you?

SKendall - I know what you are saying, I wil try and get the supps from health food shops here but in the UK we will not be able to get the main meds from the doctors as I do not think they are licenced for use for this purpose here. I will see how I go on the supplements, hopefully it might just be enough.

Cheeks - we seem to have a lot in common, perhaps we should be "buddies" - I will if you will!

Off to watch BBC's new production of Jane Eyre now - ooh, all that atmospheric gothic stuff, that should keep my mind off the booze for a bit...well, hopefully, but I can hear hubby in the kitchen clinking the ice for his vodka in his glass and the computer game going - another night in paradise beckons.

oco xx
        Fallen off the wagon so many times uch:

Day 1 AF 23/3/07 - terrified :eeks: and need a bit of :groupluv: , but determined to do it.

Comment

New here - introduction

Hi

Coconut - yes I would love to be your buddy.

I had 1 bottle and 1 glass of wine last night. Not too bad. Concentration was ebbing at work today. Luckily I had no meetings and was able to faff about on spreadsheets all day.

determined that I am not going to have a drink tonight. Hubby does not finish work until 10.30 tonight. First thing he'll do is have a glass of wine. I'll probably do alright right up until 10.30.

Started reading the book today.

Cheeks

Comment

New here - introduction

Hi Cheeks - I am not going to indulge tonight - I had some more after my last post, not too much by my standards thankfully as I have had a helluva day at work. I'm thinking about it even now, but I won't do it. Hubby will no doubt trot off to the shop at about 9.30 to get some mixers for his vodka, that willbe when it hts me.

I gpt an interview for that job, it's not for 3 weeks yet so I might use that as something to focus on.

If I get teh chance I will read the book also, but Ihave a huge oile of ironing to do first. On my own tomorrow night (another danger point)

Let me know how you get on. Coco xx

Day 1 AF 23/3/07 - terrified :eeks: and need a bit of :groupluv: , but determined to do it.

Comment

New here - introduction

I caved in

As predicted I made it till 10.30 at night, hubby comes home from work, has a glass of wine and this voice comes from nowhere " pour us one" and before I know it I have a glass of wine in hand. 3/4 of a bottle later I go to bed.

Coconut - I have PM you

Try again today ....

Cheeks

Comment

New here - introduction

Its that time again ...

10.15pm in the evening - not had a drink all day. I'm here trying to justify to myself why I should just have one drink.

Just printed the book so will have a read of it see if anything clicks.

Cheeks

Comment

New here - introduction

Hi Cheeks

Been working late 3 evenings this week (still have to work late fri evening for an hour or so) - aaaaggghhhh!! - but still managed to have a drink every night. However, I am having a lighter wine (ie less alcohol volume) so have not felt as vile the day after. I am finding that I am begining to analyse why and when I drink, it has been such a releif being able to talk about this to some one who understands. I feel quite positive about this now and although I haven't exactly stopped yet, I hope I can soon.

How are you doing?

Coco xx

Comment

New here - introduction

Hi

Only one alcohol free day this week, that was last night. Felt so much better today.

Just off to the pub now, so there's no hope for tonight. Taking the family for a meal.

Cheeks

Comment

New here - introduction

Hi cheeks - hope you have a nice meal and don't overdo it.

You did one more AF day than me, but like I say I have chosen lighter wine each night to try and cut back. Had row with hubby tonight and he has gone out with mates leaving me here on my own, even son and g/f have gone out. This is when it bites with me, after a bl**dy hard, long week doing what I do (you really don't want to know the day I've had) then to sit alone with my bottle of wine on a friday evening (and most of the week end too) watching crap on TV - I might as well not have a family. The younger staff at work have gone on a drinking binge around town and didn't ask me - they said I wouldn't be able to keep up with them - ha ha ha! They don't know the half of it. So here I sit alone.

Still bringing work home, got about 2 hours worth to do this weekend just to keep up to it all. Just hope I get this new job, it is more money and less hours, a real leap up the ladder for me. I have just seriously indulged myself on Next.com buying a full outfit inc shoes and bag for my upcoming job interview. Fat chance of any human company to help me chose anything, hope it is Ok.

I'll do my yoga tomorrow, love it, it is the only time I really chill out and have "me" time. I'll focus on all this then and see if I can get a different mindset on it.

Keep in touch, Coco xx

Comment

New here - introduction

Hi

Made up for the AF day last night. :upset:

Far too much last night. I didn't have too many with meal but when we came home, hubby fell asleep, sent kids to bed and I just Sat watching rubbish TV (X-Factor) having glass after glass of wine, declaring each as going to be the last one.

Go such a dull head this morning. Just spent a fortune at Tescos on healthy food -determined to go healthy. Can't face any of it, just want bread and carbs - not organic chicken and salad etc.

Hope you get your job - sounds like it could be good for you.

Cheeks

Comment

New here - introduction

Out tonight

Girls night in with a curry at a friends house. No hope for tonight. :upset:

Comment

New here - introduction

Cheeks, you sound like me. I'm going to try and be the DD tonight (our girls night out was last night, and I ended up in wine AND tequila. feel like crap today)...

Comment

New here - introduction

The next morning!

2 and half bottle of wine later, probably nearer 3. Feel real crap.

I am going to really try this week. I am going away for the night for a friends 40 birthday celebration. I am not going to have a drink all week till then. I'm going to really try.

Will post how I am doing
                              Cheeks

Comment

New here - introduction

not alone

We're all here because we thought talking about it may help. I'm too new to attest to it's ability to reduce drinking. I wish you the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X