My Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Problem

:new:Hello, I have a problem with WINE, I have started to drink far to much of it, so I have decided to stop drinking it at home, in other words I am not going to buy any for home consumption and hopefully this will help me to really cut down! I am not an alchoholic, but this does not make my problem any less to me, as I suffer from hypertension and high cholesteral. My GP suggested that I cut out the homedrinking as this is the major problem, so with all of your support, here goes!!! My husband is going to suport me so, fingers crossed, my tracker will show a really big improvement.:yes2:
    :beach:

My Problem

Welcome to this community. Good luck on your plan to cut down on wine at home. You are lucky to have a supportive husband, as it is easier with people in your life knowing what is going on and supporting you.

Have you read the MWO book yet? If not, I found it very helpful. In addition, on the monthly abstinence thread, there is a thread right on the top called Tools, that has tips and strategies that many have found helpful. Take care on your journey.:welcome:
    Redhibiscus

Comment

My Problem

Welcome, alcohol and hypertension do not bode well together, so good luck. My bp was high when I was drinking but i'm pleased that now I'm af. it is normal. I personally can't drink at all as I don't know when to stop.

Comment

My Problem

hi grace,its great that you have the support of your husband in this battle,re your not an alcoholic only you know the real answer to that,would you not try go alcohol free for 30 days and then you would have a very clear answer to that..

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My Problem

Welcome!
          I don't know when to stop once I start so I do not have wine in the house. I just can't drink at all. I wish you all the best..take care.
          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

My Problem

Welcome-
            Wine in the house was never a good idea for me. I would drink the whole bottle. Well, it is a good start. If you start finding out that you still drink far to much while out of the house...it might be time to re-evluate. Some people can certainly moderate once they find a happy medium. Others cannot. Good job on your start and stick around for advice. We have alot of people w/ alot of experience!
            AF since 2/4/10
            Nicotine free since 3/31/10
            FINALLY FREE

Comment

My Problem

Just be as open and honest with yourself as you can, as changing our drinking habits can expose a whole range of emotions that we didn't know were there.

Best of luck to you, and I would encourage you to start by reading RJ's book as it contains lots of good information on moderating.
              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

My Problem

Thanx

Off out with my sister-in-law today (our regular Tuesday jaunt) and we usually always share a bottle of wine, no problem here as that is all we ever have, but I have been reading the replies above and have decided to try for the 30 day abstinence, so am going to tell her that I have cystitis, so won't be drinking!!!), not sure what my next excuse will be Watch the tracker!!! Thanx so much for all you kind replies and advice :l
                :beach:

Comment

My Problem

Hi Gloria,

Welcome to MWO, glad you found us!
                  Changing habits can be difficult but doable. Don't hesitate to tell people that you are taking better care of your health & not drinking, it's the truth!
                  Focus on your goal of getting 30 AF days under your belt then see what happens. When I had my 30 days I felt so good, so happy I decided to stay AF

Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread, lots of folks there just beginning as well.
                  Wishing you the best!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X