ODAT - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Thursday

Hi ODATers just posting really very quickly as I am not alone!!!

Hubbie has been signed off work for 3 weeks with moderate depression and stress induced exhaustion :upset: Afraid AL has a lot to do with all of that.

Anyway he has been told he cannot drink more than 2 glasses of wine A WEEK - which will help me stay clear as well.

Luv and big hugs to all of struggling, winning and lurking out there.

Bx

ODAT - Thursday

Hi Mad Mummy,

Glad you are making the effort, and really glad this thread is still going! I haven't been here for years.

Anyway, first day of not drinking in months. Feel really tired, argh (it's 9:30pm and i'm ready for bed already, is that normal?)! Don't really want to give up, but think that's it's the best thing to do. Am also starting to get worried about health issues. Also, i just know that i have been getting really ugly on alcohol lately and need to do something about it.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Hope everybody is having a good day
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi Mad - very sorry about your husband. Hope he's better soon.

Dangerous Day 3 here. I know from (too much!) experience, that today & tomorrow are my "weak" days...

Since I'm going to flea market on Sat., not drinking will be easy ---- but, until then, need to stay vigilant!

Hope all have great day!
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi guys,

MM - sorry about hubby but hopefully that will help you with the AL as well.

Change - good to see you again - welcome back!

Savy - you can do it girl! You have before.

I am over a week sober and NF free today and feeling good about that. Now if I could only sleep - it's wierd, even with the sleeping pills my doctor gave me (which normally knock me out) I am tossing and turning. I think without the smokes my anxiety has kicked in - my brain is going a mile a minute and I keep waking up thinking of things - but I will not give up!

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Love and hugs,
        Uni
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

(Ooops - just realized that today is really Day 2!! OK, it just FEELS like Day 3? :H)
          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi guys,
            Just checking in real quick today as I'm off to do lots of errands. Sounds like everyone is struggling somewhat, as am I. Uni: The sleeping thing: Gee I can relat to that! I'm much better now but I do remember not being able to turn my brain off no matter what I did. Hopefully things will settle down soon. MM: sorry about your husband but it might be a good thing.
            Change: Welcome back
            savon: Hang in there and be as strong as you can be.
            Wishing everybody a great day today!
            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

ODATERS!!!

MM sometimes it's good to have the "reset" button pushed. This is a good thing.

Keep your big girl pants on!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Happy ODAT to all! Detox and sleep, if it was easy I think this web site would not be needed. Uni have you tried theanine. It's a good quick-fix for anxiety. Also exercise and distraction. Savon I'm rooting for you. Keep going!

Oh - and don't forget my little video. Skip the first and last 10 seconds since it's an advertisement for "The Secret" which I don't really agree with. Just a video to watch to fill your brain with good things, and help you forget the bad things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXGwhjUQzrY[/video]]YouTube - Affirmations

Use the "related" column to look at other videos. It's good for wasting time and feeling better...

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

savon19;741529 wrote: (Ooops - just realized that today is really Day 2!! OK, it just FEELS like Day 3? :H)
                  Day 2 for me as well Savon!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi all

A very quick check in. Sorry about hubby MM but maybe a well timed event for both of you?

Of late the shorter days have been making me feel very tired and alcohol really does not help. I am making some diet and lifestyle changes to help me get through the winter (I seem to find it harder each year) and avoiding al is on that list of course. I'm ok for today and I know tomorrow will be AF as a big day in the hunting calendar on Saturday.

love to all.

Bessie xx

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

MOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi ODATERS
                        Hope you've all had a good day.
                        Uni - congrats on 1 week AF & NF, amazing job. Anxiety is a b****r, but stay strong, you are doing great.
                        Good luck Savon and Kimber, :l.
                        I know I said yesterday, that I would start again today, but, theres always a but isn't there, had a crap day, and nipped out at lunch time to stock up for tonight. So new plan, Friday night no plan, but Saturday back to AF, and will try NF as well. I seem to cave in at the first bit of stress, and I've got lots of that at the moment. Feeling a bit worthless and stupid right now. I need to give myself a kick up the bum and get back on track, easier said than done.
                        Anyway, time to stop rambling and boring you all senseless.
                        Take care everyone.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hey Elsa, don't feel worthless, just give that little pooch of yours a hug

Had first af day yesterday, slept quite well last night. Sweated a bit, which was good. Feel okay today, slight headache, but breakfast will cure that. Plan for today: work and go to the gym. Yay!
                          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Okie dokie. It's actually friday night here, but i'll post anyway!

Second day AF. Went to a friends place, weak moment was when i opened the fridge and saw a bottle of Merlot in there (what it was doing in the fridge i have no idea), anyway for a second i was so close to asking her if i could open it, then i realised i need to stay sober until Sunday, at least. So, got through it.

Feeling a bit better, clearer in the head. Will be alright till Sunday, big weak moment will be Sunday night, but will have to make a plan. I mustn't drink..

Comment

Working...
                            X