Newby on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newby on the block

Hello, I have read the MWO book and have tried the vitamins. Here in Australia we cant get the topomax prescribed, long winded effort so I am looking to be AF without this added support. I am a binge drinker, say every 3-6 days the craving hits for a wine and then I chug down the whole bottle, not cool, it is affecting my health and relationships, I have two small boys and I want to be around a very long time to see them grow. I would ultimately like to be able to drink moderately, however am also ready and willing to accept this may not be the case. I need now to be AF for an extended period so that my body and soul can be free of this poison and work toward healing. I really hope this forum will support me on my way to achieving health in my life.:new:

Newby on the block

hi serenity
    we have a lot in common. this is a safe place for you. alcohol is poison. it has ruined so much in my life but i always fall right back in the trap. i hope you get where you need to be. everyone here is more than willing to help.
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Newby on the block

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. I am very interested in tools or techniques for stress relief. I have also just been reading the toolbox, there are some terrific tools there. I cant actually believe the whole craving thing, and the constant battle within the mind, but I cant wait for one to hit now that I have some firepower to fight with!

Comment

Newby on the block

hi & :welcome: serenity 4670,we can all relate to what you are feeling,alcohol does/has ruined many a life,read as many as the posts/threads as you can and join in,opinions and advice is always welcomed and given :good job:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
        X