Here we go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again

Well, Here I go again! I'm tired from not sleeping well last night. Had alot to drink yesterday/last night. I had cabin fever from being inside almost a full week with sick kids... I am so mad at myself right now and want to kick myself but am trying not to beat myself up too much. Even last night is in the PAST and I don't have to look back at that, right? TODAY is a new day, and I keep thinking of that saying, "If at first you don't succeed, then try try again!" So, I just poured out 3 new bottles of wine down the sink!! Then I threw away my favorite wine glass and took the trash outside! This is good, right? Now I am just wondering how to deal with my husband who is the enabler. He always brings home bottles of wine when goes to the grocery store and he is not/won't give up drinking because he does not have a problem like I do and can drink 2 drinks a night easily. I am scaring myself! I just can't do this anymore! I don't like the control this has had over me!!! Any suggestions on how to deal with hubby? Needing some encouragement here. I really cannot do this anymore! I have reached my wall but I am scared of how I will wipe it out of my life for good!!!!
    Part of learning is getting it Wrong.
    The past is gone forever. Keep it Moving.

Here we go again

Maybe you could ask your husband to forego those couple drinks for a while? It doesn't seem fair, but I'm sure he'd want to help you...

I couldn't bring myself to throw away even 1 bottle of wine!! Too bad you couldn't have given away to neighbor or something... (That's the Frugal in me talkin'!) But you have to do what you have to do.

Good luck!
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Here we go again

keg if you are very serious about this,and i am sure you are. you need to have a good talk to your husband,its to hard to stop if the alcohol is in your face.there are plenty of plans around the threads here that can help,sorry keg that's all i can say,remember more relapses occur when things are going well than at any other time.goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Here we go again

Keg. I think you need to be assertive with your husband and tell him exactly what is going on for you, especially when he is bringing bottles of wine into the house. If it where me, I know it would be playing havoc with my mind and creating all sorts of feelings inside me that I just couldn't cope with. Mainly resentments "Why is it that he can drink and I can't?" You don't need that at this early stage and I believe it could make you start resenting your husband in the long run. NOT GOOD. Families, husbands, wives etc are just as much a part of our recovery as we are. It helps having all the support you can get at this early stage but that means you being totally honest with him about how you feel. It's no good shouting the odds and blaming him for bringing wine home. He needs to know how it's making you feel. He may not understand completely but If he can show at least some empathy towards your predicament then I don't see why he should continue to bring drink home.

This is just my honest opinion based on how I would feel if this were happening to me. I hope maybe others will chip in and post too. I hope you find some resolve.

Love and Light
        Phil
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Here we go again

Keg,

My husband only drinks beer - I've never really liked it. Even so, I've asked him to keep his beer out of the house, I don't want to look at it, smell it or anything! He's complied, keeps it in a fridge in the garage so it's out of sight & out of mind.....
          It works for me

Wishing you strength!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X