Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Wednesday 10/28

Hello all ODATers!

Wellll, will wonders never cease?! Day 6.

While nothing in my Outward life has changed, I am finding I have to "talk myself down" off this Good mood! (Don't want to be too unrealistic!!)

Lately, I've seen so many people here who are having a very hard time just getting started (as I did... many times!). How is it that we can so easily forget how much better we feel, in general, when AF..?

For those of you struggling, hold your breath if you have to - but just get past those 3-4 days to see for yourself how much better things get...

I'm NOT saying any of this out of "cockiness" - believe me, I know how easy it is to justify drinking again. But I am finding that the Voice is easier and easier to squash.

Have a great day!
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

ODAT - Wednesday 10/28

....... and keep coming on MWO - the great people on here are keeping me on the straight and narrow

Well done Savon!
    Minnie x

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending - make yours a happy every after :l

Sober since 4 November :fingers:

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday 10/28

Hey ODATers!!!
      Gee, where is everybody today? If your weather is like mine (dark, dreary, rainy)...you are probably wanting to crawl under the covers!
      Starting out on day 24 here and it's still a stuggle but I'll do it!
      Best to all of you out there! Reach for your goals today.
      When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
      -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday 10/28

Just what I needed Savon19, your optimism. Day 3. I remember from last time I didn't start to feel better until day 5.

Thank you for inviting me over to this board. I'm a little shy. Reaching out to a new people is sometimes just what they need to feel welcome, while they may begin to feel not so isolated.

I do remember when I was sober for a few months, my life did get better. I remember my daughter telling me, my face shined, the grayness was gone, but most of all she loved seeing my smile return.

I won't drink today, I want to live, to feel healthy.

Wishing everyone AF day.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday 10/28

Welcome Trish. Great job Savon! Very well said.

I've been struggling this week with cravings and such. Not sure why. I was in an awful mood yesterday and a bit down about people at work. I made a point to get good sleep last night, and this morning I feel much better.

In one more week I'll be at six months. That is something I never would have believed. One day at a time.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday 10/28

ODATERS!

Just popping in to say hello while I have cup of tea.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday 10/28

Boss - SIX months?? How did that happen so fast? Seems not too long ago I remember you "struggling". WOW.

:goodjob: :l
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday 10/28

Hi guys,

Work is crazy but I absolutly love the new job! I am so busy though I don't get a chance to come on at all. But that's okay.

Love to hear the optimism. I gotta get back on track. But I am very happy!

Love and hugs,
                Uni
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday 10/28

well dome savon. I am on day 5 and feel a bit over optimistic also...
                  5 days is my record AF since i got a bar fridge for my 16th from my parents, talk about peer pressure!...lol :goodjob:
                  AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday 10/28

The bottom line is i don't want to quit drinking.. How do i care and do it? Meh, i've 1/2 bottle of wine tonight, and 1/2 earlier today. Maybe i need a sudden change, eg, move interstate.
                    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday 10/28

It would be nice if the ex moved back from interstate and actually GAVE me some support on the issue, but that's expecting miracles.
                      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
                      X