Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campral Question

:new:

I would appreciate any insight about Campral, I tried Topomax because of the side effects I have decided to try Campral.

How long after stopping drinking can I begin taking the Campral, or have people had success taking it while they are trying to stop. Also how are the side effects for people who have used this in their treatment. I have read different views about this and was wondering if anyone who has used this in treatment could answer any of these questions. I would greatly appreciate any insight!

Thanks Suzi111

Campral Question

Suzi,

It is recommended that you be AF, for at least three days, before taking Campral.
    Campral has very few side effects. I found myself running to the bathroom frequently when I took it.
    Taking it three times a day, was a challenge for me.
    I had bad hang overs when I drank on Campral.
    Feel free to send me a private e-mail if you have any more questions.
    Good Luck!
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

Comment

Campral Question

Mona Cat,

Are you still on campral? I've been struggling with the idea of medication though I am on the supps.
      I am kind of scared of the topa because of the side effects. I would like to understand more about its mechanism of action.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Ivy

Comment

Campral Question

Hi Ivy,

Campral works on the brain, reducing the physical cravings for alcohol. It really worked for me, but you have deal with the "habit" issue yourself. It can also be taken with most anti depressants without adverse interactions. It has few side effects, besides making me run to the bathroom. Forrest Lab, who manufactures Campral is on a huge campaign to educate physicians about Campral right now. Plus, you'll find lots of stuff on the internet about Campral.
        Meow-Meow
        MonaKitty

Comment

Campral Question

I have not started taking the campral yet and will post as to how I am doing with it. Thank you so very much for responding about this insight. I am in therapy for the first time and it is so wonderful and hoping along with a bit of help with chemistry that I can finally conquer this problem in my life. My profession is very public, the topomax did help but I has serious confusion issues. However due to the level of focus I rely upon when dealing with the public I would prefer to change and am hoping to eliminate alcohol completely. Again thanks for the insight.

Comment

Working...
          X