Detemined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detemined

I recently started a thread about having a rough go of it. I received numerous words of encouragement and support that made me determined to take back my life. I went to the store today and stocked up on water, juice, and tea. I have L-glutamine, kudzu, calms forte, and Sam-e. I also bought some healthy foods to kick start my return to health. I've loaded my cd player with up-beat songs to help beat the blues. Tomorrow my plan is to get up, turn on the cd player, prepare some healthy meals to freeze, get outside do some yardwork, play with my dogs. Monday evening there is a women's AA meeting I plan to attend and I will continue coming to this site. I know I will still have a rough go of it but there is a wonderful Bonnie Raitt song titled "I Will Not Be Broken" and that song is resonating in my head.

Lavande, you invited me to join the Operation October thread. I think I might be a little late for that but if you "newbies" start a November thread, I would be honored to be a part of it.

Love to you all for the wonderful support I have received. The empathy you show to others is something to be proud of.

Cuckoo

Detemined

Cucks, what a great plan!
    I am sure there are some November threads starting up later on. I found joining a thread a key help to my sobriety. Along with the supps, change of attitude etc.
    Its great to see you so determined!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Detemined

Hi Cuckoo.....nice to see you back! Sounds to me like you have a Solid Plan going on here.....Hooray for you!!! Come and visit is the Monthly Mods thread.....lots of craziness along with solid encouragement there!

Stay Determined! You will get this done!
      xx Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Detemined

Cuckoo, I'm glad to see you back! You are going to make it work!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Detemined

That`s the spirit, cuckoo!!!!! :l

Star x
          Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Detemined

Startingover, Kate, Dill, and Star thank you for your encouragement. Today is November 1st and I am determined to be alcohol free this month. I know I need to take it a day, even a minute at a time but my goal is to make it the month of November and then each month after that. Getting through today will be hard but the thing I know will help is the realization, I no longer want to drink nor do I enjoy it anymore. It is simply an addiction that I must rid myself of.

Comment

Detemined

Cucks, your supplements your attitude and your determination will give you loads of strength.
              Maybe add a little more by making a list of all the reasons you want to quit and how you want your new sober life to look?
              That helped me to keep things clear in my mind.

Comment

Detemined

C'mon Cuckoo! Pump it up friend! Eye on the prize.......

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Detemined

Startingover, thanks for the suggestion. It is an extremely rainy and dreary day here so my plans to work in the yard are shot. You have just given me an alternative. Making a list of why I want to quit and what I hope to achieve will replace my yard work. I think you are right, that it will give me focus. I'm also starting a journal to record how I feel both mentally and physically. I'm hoping when I get the mental cravings reading how much better I feel physically not drinking will make them easier to ignore.
                  Also, since my yard work plans were shot it makes it apparent I must always have a back-up plan.

Guitarista, thank you my friend. My eye is on that prize. 30 days sober in November. My birthday is this month and what better present could anyone give themselves then their live back.

Comment

Detemined

Good thinking Cucks, back up and exit plans are a must for just about everything I think.

Comment

Detemined

Nice to meet you Cuckoonest83! I meant to recognize your post on November Navigator's, but now is my chance. Welcome and good luck to you.

When I first started my journey and thought about alcohol most often, I made up a note card that I kept in my pocket. On one side all the benefits of being AF. On the other side the dire consequences of drinking. When a craving hit, I took out the note card and it helped remind me of the dark side. Possibly this tool would be helpful to you. YOu sound as though you are making really solid plans to be successful. Strength and hope to you on this journey. I look forward to getting to know you better on the November thread as I post their daily. Welcome.
                      Redhibiscus

Comment

Detemined

Glad to hear you so focussed, cuckoo. Am cheering you on!!!!

Star x
                        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Working...
                        X