Clear Vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear Vision

I'm still new at this AF just about 2 weeks and am still fighting the devil tempting me..but it is getting better.

and these last few days I feel so different in the mornings, everything looks so crystal clear, I don't mean thinking clear..

but my vision, everything is so clear and crisp, I used to think it was my sight coz I use contacts and blamed them for having to blink several time to focus on things..
    ha ha.. now I know why.......!!

I can smell things now as well everything is so hightened, can't wait till I can start to get strength back in my legs & arms..

anybody else felt the same ?????

L J
    :l:l:l

Clear Vision

Congrats on your success L J!
    You are reaping the benefits, your body is healing..........everything is getting better!
    It really does keep getting better & better.
    The temptations will follow you around, be firm & don't give in - drinking is no longer an option!

Keep up the great work
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Clear Vision

salt & pepper

Hi Lav,

did you find you or any of the the gang, find yourself putting more salt & pepper on your food..??

I do and it taste yummy..!

L J

Comment

Clear Vision

ladyjan,
        While drinking heavily, I had dry eye syndrome and great difficulty with my contacts. Guess what, since going AF I have no problems with my eyes at all. It is amazing. And food is tasting better, and I notice spices more.

As alcohol leaves our system, we can appreciate this beautiful world and the simple things. This morning when I woke up, not hungover, the first thing I saw out my window was the most beautiful golden sunrise. It was breathtaking, and I could enjoy it. I am so grateful and thankful. Thanks for pointing out the beauty of being AF.
        Redhibiscus

Comment

Clear Vision

new world

redhibiscus;748592 wrote: ladyjan,
          While drinking heavily, I had dry eye syndrome and great difficulty with my contacts. Guess what, since going AF I have no problems with my eyes at all. It is amazing. And food is tasting better, and I notice spices more.

As alcohol leaves our system, we can appreciate this beautiful world and the simple things. This morning when I woke up, not hungover, the first thing I saw out my window was the most beautiful golden sunrise. It was breathtaking, and I could enjoy it. I am so grateful and thankful. Thanks for pointing out the beauty of being AF.
          OH yes totally, I had the same I thought it was my leneses.. used to squint to see things clear and forever rubbing my eyes...!!!

and same as you, I am enjoying cooking again I used to love it, but am putting a lot of salt and pepper, dunno maybe it's coz I can taste it now !!!

putting on weight, but to be honest I don't care, I had got to the skinny drunkerd look, gaunt face, skinny arms and boney bum..!! got plenty of time for the gym once I'm stronger.

skin on my face feels softer now not tight and dry feeling and the puffy eyes, find I smile a lot more as well now and don't critise people mentally inside or even verbally to their face.

thought I could take on the world.. nobody could cross me..
          mike tyson had nothing on me..

I am 1.57 mts and 58 kilos..!!!!!

so it was just all big mouth anybody could just blow me aside !! thinking back of what a fool I made of my self in those situations, thought I had won coz they would just walk away, reckon they just felt sorry for a pathetic drunken wretch and didn't want to get into it...

anyway it's a new beautiful world AF and I'm lovin' it every day gets better, experience new senses, much more fulfilling than any full glass.

happy to be alive and not just getting from one day to the next.

Rock on AF..!

L J

Comment

Clear Vision

Hi L J,

I have noticed great improvement in the smell & taste areas! But, due to ongoing high blood pressure, I need to stay away from salt. I use pepper & lots of other herbs & seasonings. I have a great herb garden right outside my door

I hope you continue to enjoy your new AF lifestyle - it's worth the effort

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X