X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Sunday November 1

ODATERS!!!

JACKRABBIT!

Where has everybody been? Come out, come out, where-ever you are!!

I had a great time at a costume party last night! The husband is the owner of a high-end resto and the food was fantastic! Fun people there and I met a guy to flyfish with! I'm so excited after the fishing club didn't pan out for a fishing buddy and I really should not fish with the former husb. The resto is known for it's wine list, so you can imagine...... I did sort of look around and I was the only one without a wine glass but quite happy with my soda water and lime. I did have a drinking dream last night though. What a relief to wake up from those and you are safe in your bed

The first of the month is a great time to........... do whatever rings your bell regarding goals. Set them, revamp them, re-commit to them.

Get it on!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

ODAT Sunday November 1

greenie so good to see you my dear friend... hy in march i want to do some fishing how about it .. lol well stay strong and keep thinking positive .. big big hugs to you
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

ODAT Sunday November 1

Rabbit Rabbit everyone! Happy time change in US and UK. Light in the morning and dark in the afternoon for the next five months. Greeny it all sounds great! Except for the fly fishing part - fish guts peeuuu.

For Elsa- The hardest thing to realize is you can't apply "logic" to the part of your brain that has become dependent. Look up "Lizard Brain" and "Amygdala" in google. My understanding is that all the reasoning and clear headed logic in the world isn't going have a lot of sway against the childlike emotions of the 7pm urges. For me, it worked to push the urges off as long as I could, then go to bed fast so they didn't have time to develop. For 100 people there will be 100 methods. Keep trying. Anytime something sticks, praise it. Focus on the positive and work it out from there. If this process was easy, this site would not exist.

Happy ODAT everyone. I hope everyone can celebrate their little "win" for the day, which moves them closer to their goal.

Comment

ODAT Sunday November 1

Hello,

I think this is the one day at a time thread? Ms. Liath & Savon19 invited me over here. I'm new so not quite sure.

All the different stages that I have tried to process in my wonderful drinking career, make me realize that this is a progressive disease for some of us.

Somebody said on one of these threads, being AF is a blessing not deprivation. I remember one of many small periods of time in my life that I was actually sober for about 4 months & I felt so deprived. Like being on a diet & I couldn't have choc~cake, or pumpkin pie. Why? because I didn't want to accept
        the truth about myself.

I know here I am again with almost wk being AF. Have been on 3 mo. bender. Can u say ill.......
        I only have today that I can choose to resist or accept my present circumstances.

Today I choose to get of the "hellavator". God it's good to feel better, not great, but better.

I know I'm rambling on. So I will stop before somebody says well ain't she the wackadoodle.

Be good to yourself, just for today AF.

Comment

Working...
        X