Back to Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to Day 1

Hi Everyone -- unfortunately back on Day 1 AF and need to know how long withdrawal symptons last. I feel sweaty, shakey and anxious. Will I ever learn???
    Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Back to Day 1

Hi Janka,

Under the title thread need help ASAP, there are links to alcohol withdrawal. I read all 3 links that were provided. You will find r symptoms are part of the process. Though u will find some of them to be scary. If you have a history of DT's this is when u may want to get prof. help.

I can't tell you how many x's I've been bk on day one. This Mon. it will be one wk AF. I tapered a bit last Sunday, because frankly I was scared of withdrawals.

It is normal to feel sick... I usually feel better by the 5th day. I know it's hard to eat, but try a little soup, yogurt, just a little protein. Then if u can eat & u have them, take a Multi-Vit. & extra B-complex. Drink plenty of water!!! I have also found cranberry to aid in digestive discomfort. Calcium is also calming for the nerves.

Lite a candle, watch TV, stay warm. I didn't shower for two days (yuck), too weak~ill. Soft music if r feeling up to it. I don't know if u have any support @ home, but reach out & ask. Just like u are doing here.

Yes, u will learn. Yes u can one day @ time to heal, to overcome the self punishing cycle that some of us found ourselves in. Put ourselves in.

I'm cuckoo for chocolate. I made sure I bought some extra Halloween candy, just for me. )

Keep us posted on your journey back to a healthier life. The one we were meant to live.

Comment

Back to Day 1

Thanks!! Keep un moving forward
      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Back to Day 1

Hi, Janka,

You know the drill. Just don't quit abruptly if you have been really bingeing. Seizures are bad, so are strokes.

But, if you haven't, you know you just have to get through the shakes and sweats and tremors. Your supplements will help, so will eating and hydrate with water or other good liquids.

Gatorade might help, too.

Hang in there and I look forward to chatting with you when you are on the other side.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Back to Day 1

Hi Janka!
          So good to see you......sorry to hear that you have been having a rough time of it. Just take care of yourself whilst your body is going about ridding itself of the poison. So, you are on your way to getting healthy again!

I will look forward to catching up with you when you are feeling better.

XX Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Back to Day 1

Hi Ladies and thanks!!! Always afraid of seizuures ... can they be prevented?
            Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Back to Day 1

Hi janka,
              My thoughts are with you at this tough time. :l

As for seizures, anyone who thinks themself likely to suffer seizures during withdrawal, ought to seek medical attention, when they`ll be given the appropriate meds to protect against seizures. Noone in withdrawal should take unnecessary risks.

Star x
              Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Back to Day 1

Thanks Star ... got new meds a week ago but an anti-depressant, high blood pressure stuff, and Naltrexone. I have old ant-convulsants but do not want to mix. Go see my doctor later this week. But risks are now 6-48 hours after stopping. I'm in bed, so should it happen, I do not fall on anything and injure myself.

I'm so happy to hear from you. Hope you are well
                Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Back to Day 1

I am back for another Day 1 after 5 nights of drinking over the last 5 days. Fell right back into the rut of 12 beers or so and then off to bed. No drinking until 5 pm or so but the urge hit me hard.

For me, AF is where I want to be.

Com
                  Com1

Comment

Back to Day 1

Janka, how are you doing? Are you still detoxing? Check in please!

Com1, Urges to drink suck! But, you can resist the urges. When I was stopping, I found the supplements helped me a LOT! Particularly the Kudzu and L-Glutamine. The other thing is to Stop the Mind chatter about having a drink, immediately! I would even say out loud...."I do not drink"! Have something healthy to drink all the time......cranberry and sparkling water with lime was my choice.

The only way to do this, is to comitt to staying alcohol free and then....Just DO IT!
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Back to Day 1

Hi Everyone, only 3 days AF so far ... fainted yesterday (after I quit, of course) and don't want to do that ever again ... not sweaty or shakey anymore ... now have an appetite (hadn't eaten for days). Am better but more challenges to face.
                      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Back to Day 1

Hi Janka,
                        Sorry you are feeling bad. I have never been physically addicted to al, but have heard that it's a tough go of it. Take care of yourself and check in w/ those who have....good luck.
                        AF since 2/4/10
                        Nicotine free since 3/31/10
                        FINALLY FREE

Comment

Back to Day 1

Hi Janka,

Glad your feeling a bit better! I'm trying to focus on what I can do today. I tend to future trip & get myself worked up. There will always be more challenges in life... for all. Maybe harder for people who have addictions like alcohol.

Although normal is subjective, I personally don't see myself as normal when it comes to liquor, OK a few other things too. ~LOL~ But, how many people do you know who use alcohol as a way to cope with life. That's what I'm trying to say. As it quit being fun for the most part long a go.

Let's try to just face each day with whatever challenges come our way without alcohol. We can do this!

Keep posting your journey, it not only helps you, but it helps me to. One wk yesterday AF. I feel super exhausted, but it won't kill me.

Have a good sober night. I have a friend who has many decades of sobriety and she shares that any day an alcoholic doesn't drink is a good one, no matter what is going on in life. You have been a success.

Be kind to Janka & keep reaching out. Hopefully, each day you will feel better. Withdrawals not only suck, but they literally can suck the life out of you.

Comment

Back to Day 1

How are u doing Janka? Please check in when u get a chance. If u want to that is.

Your Kitty avatar reminds me of my fluffy. She is now in kitty heaven, but was the most wonderful cat for 18 yrs. I do miss her!!! I sometimes would like to have another kitty cat, but I'm afraid our big dog would accidentally hurt it.

Comment

Working...
                            X