Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!!

I haven't been on this website since July.....I guess I kind of gave up on not drinking. But I need some support.....I did not drink 2 days last week and I felt so good about myself. Yesterday I drank all day and now I feel terrible. I can barely function at work. I need help.....how do I stop?? I feel like I am slowly killing myself.....
    AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Help!!!

RL you have all the support you need right here. Can you stop cold turkey or would that be dangerous?
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Help!!!

Hi Ronaldolover, Im not in a great place myself at the moment but i want to say that u have the support u need here..at MWO so i wish u success....hang in there and try to remember how good u felt last week with yr AF days...Im doing the same! Bella XXx

Comment

Help!!!

I can quit cold turkey. It is just that I feel like all of my social activities revolve around drinking. I really hate myself right now.....I am so sick of drinking.

Comment

Help!!!

RL that is all you need to quit - the hatred of drinking. Don't hate yourself - you've made a brilliant choice. You need to find a new social network. It took me a while to build that up but it can be done and you'll feel fantastic for it. I wish you all the luck in the world. It will be worth it!

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Help!!!

Thank you Kimberley and Bella for your support! I appreciate it more than you could know......I just have to find something to do with my spare time instead of going to bars. I know I am capable of doing this....I hate who I have become.

Comment

Help!!!

RL - Alcohol-free things I love: Walking, funfairs, exhibitions, my cat, friends and family (in that order ;-)), my teetotal meetup group, cooking. I don't have the time to write every single one but my whole social network revolved around drink. I enjoy life much more without it now :-)

Recovery Videos

Comment

Help!!!

same here, struggling a bit myself to get more than 2 days AF but keep posting and reading would you like to go to chat for a while, that helps me a lot, try to stay strong love Tawnywitch
                Twitch

Comment

Help!!!

I feel like I have ignored so many things due to drinking. I have ignored my cats, my beautiful house, my husband, and so many other important things. I have not choice....I HAVE to do this for myself. Thanks again for your support Kimberley.....

Comment

Help!!!

RL - I have been trying to quit for so long. This morning I made a commitment to do Nov. AF (minus yesterday) on the Nov Navigators thread. It is helpful to know there are other people going through this - and you are not alone. Good luck to you (to all of us!)

Comment

Help!!!

Hi Tawnywithch.....thanks for the support. I still can not figure out why on earth this is so difficult for me....I am so disappointed in myself.

Comment

Help!!!

My song.....What a great idea!! I have never even thought of trying to go a month AF. I think that is truly what I need to try! I messed up yesterday, but I can start brand new today. I will check out the Nov Navigators thread. Good luck to you....you have given me hope!

Comment

Help!!!

i know i dont know why i do it either, i have absolutly no problems in my life, except ME.
                          Twitch

Comment

Help!!!

Hi ronaldolover,

30 days AF is what RJ suggests in her book! You need that time to clear your head, heal your body.
                            Why not start with rereading the MWO book again. Take a look in the Tool box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas to make your plan. Pick a date, today is good & commit yourself! You have to do the work - but the results are worth it, honestly!

Coming here is the first step, an important one. Accepting the fact that you have a drinking problem & taking the steps to change yourself is the next step. You need to be willing to change your routines & habits, identify your triggers, embrace new & healthier ways of living.

Wishing you the best on your journey!
                            Please feel free to drop in the 'newbies Nest' thread for lots of support.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Help!!!

Lav -- thank you so much for the advice. I thought I had hit rock bottom earlier in the year and was really trying to get my life together....and I guess I just gave up. Now I feel I have REALLY hit rock bottom. The one good thing is that my husband also has a problem, so we have decided to start this journey together! I am scared and excited....I know I can make my life better starting today and taking it one day at a time....

Comment

Working...
                              X