looking for suport and friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new and want to gain control. looking for suport. my computer skills are not very good so not sure how to use things. any advice?

:welcome:

Hi mighty mouse,

You've found a good safe place with lots of good people.
    Just keep reading,then read some more. Keep posting.

Make yourself comfortable and pop into the 'Newbies nest' and say Hello.

You'll soon find names becoming more familiar.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Love Jackie x
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks Jackie

Thanks for replying. I don't feel alone. I think I may cry. I'll keep experimenting with this site. and hopfully learn how to use it.
      Mighty Mouse

Comment

I think people here are very unsupportive, but that's my experience. If you want to talk or email diretctly, my email is marktb68@yahoo.com. I have NEVER had 1 person offer to talk to me off this board. I think that's very suprisiing.

Mark

Comment

Hey, Mighty Mouse

I've been a member here for quite a while, and this place has been a life-saver.

If I were you, I'd disregard az's remark.

Welcome to MWO. PLease let us know how we can assist.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

hi mighty mouse,this is a great community,read around the threads & posts and jump in anywhere.its better for you to be posting out here in the community then with someone you dont know.we are all fighting the same disease. jump on board

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

azmarktb68;751190 wrote: I think people here are very unsupportive, but that's my experience. If you want to talk or email diretctly, my email is marktb68@yahoo.com. I have NEVER had 1 person offer to talk to me off this board. I think that's very suprisiing.

Mark
              Not my experience at all on this site mightymouse. This whole site is filled with amazing supportive friendly people.

In terms of figuring out the site, click on threads of interest and read. You already know how to post, so just ask for any help along the way.

Welcome!!
              DLA
              Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
              Sir Walter Scott
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hello

I suggest you get a glass of water and sit and read.

We are all routing for you and eachother.
                I have found everyone here very supportive.

I dont understand az's negative remarks at all, I have found nothing but great wisdom humour and friendship here.

Check out the laugh out loud section, It'll take your mind off drinking for hours, until bedtime.

Stay here and good luck.

Comment

:welcome: MightyMouse .. I'm still learning how to navigate around the site too.. Everyone here are caring , supportive and have helped me so much , keep reading and posting ~ :l Em
                  Non Drinker 9/09
                  Non Smoker 6/09
                  Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Hi there Mighty
                    Welcome!
                    -Sheep

Comment

welcome Mighty, I am sooo computer illiterate you wouldn't believe it!! everyone here help's everyone else tho and you will soon find thing's out, the live chat is good, top left hand corner, there is so much love and advice and support here, truly a wonderful place to have found, love and hug's Tawnywitch
                      Twitch

Comment

azmarktb68;751190 wrote: I think people here are very unsupportive, but that's my experience. If you want to talk or email diretctly, my email is marktb68@yahoo.com. I have NEVER had 1 person offer to talk to me off this board. I think that's very suprisiing.

Mark
                        I'm sorry you feel that way Mark. I saw some of your old posts and they were responded too. A thread can go by quickly sometimes and not get noticed as we are all on different times. Don't take it personal. Lots of good folks here to help.

Hope you are well, PM anytime
                        :l
                        Ak
                        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

:welcome: Mighty Mouse!!

I am coming up on 1.5 years sober. It's been a rocky road at times but I could not possibly be at this point without the My Way Out Community. You are in a great place! Read and post and enjoy the great wisdom and support available here.

Oh...and I suggest downloading the book! I started with everything outlined in the book except the prescription meds. I used the supplements, hypnosis CD's, diet and exercise recommendations. I have now tweaked the supplement program (but still supplement), follow the diet and exercise recommendations, and I've added AA participation to my program. You too can figure out what works for you if you make it your #1 priority.

Strength and hope to you!!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

:welcome: Mighty Mouse! Congratulations on your decision to get control. TONS of support here, I've found.

Take good care and see you around

Comment

Hi Mighty Mouse- this is my fourth day on this site and my 6th day AF-(for 10yrs) mainly due to the amazing and warm input from everyone whch has kept me going- for once in 20 odd years I don't feel alone and complete rubbish. Good luck to you and keep checking in!

Comment

Working...
                              X