Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad today :(

Hey,

I am really struggling...... I feel so stressed out!! I have 3 beautiful but FULL ON kids under 6 and I feel like there is no time for me ever It sounds great to do the hypno cd's but when?? The only time is at night and I keep falling asleep.... I really want to be a good role model for them but I get so stressed trying to cut down my drinking I am a worse Mum.... Irritated, frustrated and hopeless. I hate the merry-go-round I'm on and I know my kids deserve a happy present mother but crap it's hard I feel so guilty and shameful so I try to stop but then I feel like I'm drowning in my own life. Sorry for my self pity just feeling a bit sad and needed to vent.

Thanks Summer09

Sad today

well glad you came here and vented .. now stop beating yourself up .. you are doing your best so keep on doing it .. thats all you can do right now.. its going to get even better as time goes on .. as long as you know what you need and want to do for you and your kids .. stay strong and keep it going you are getting there
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Sad today

Summer, I use the hypno CD's at bedtime to help me destress and relax. If they make me fall asleep, they have done exactly what they were meant for, as far as I'm concerned. Getting to sleep without AL was a big challange for me. Now that I am 6 months in, I still use the hypno CD as "white noise" to help me get to sleep on a stressful day when my mind can't stop working.

HOpe that helps a bit. Don't give up. Keep on working at it, slow but steady. You will do it.

Winefree

Comment

Sad today

Summer09;751492 wrote: Hey,

I am really struggling...... I feel so stressed out!! I have 3 beautiful but FULL ON kids under 6 and I feel like there is no time for me ever It sounds great to do the hypno cd's but when?? The only time is at night and I keep falling asleep.... I really want to be a good role model for them but I get so stressed trying to cut down my drinking I am a worse Mum.... Irritated, frustrated and hopeless. I hate the merry-go-round I'm on and I know my kids deserve a happy present mother but crap it's hard I feel so guilty and shameful so I try to stop but then I feel like I'm drowning in my own life. Sorry for my self pity just feeling a bit sad and needed to vent.

Thanks Summer09
        Summer, I wish I could step into your life right now and help you out. I definitely know what it's like to have three little kids who are full of spit and vinegar, and feeling that there is no time for YOU.

I'm new and I haven't even started on the CDs or supplements yet (they're enroute, but I'm in Canada so it could take ages), but my thought is that your brain is still hearing everything on the CDs whether you're awake or asleep. I would just do them and fall asleep if you have to.

My prayers are with you, honey. My boys are in their late teens now and if I could have one day with them back when they were little, I would do anything. Try to enjoy them even though I know it's hard when you're so overwhelmed.

Annie

Comment

Sad today

Summer,
          When you said you felt as though you are drowing in your own life, wow could I relate. Plus the added pressure to be a "good mother" and a "good role model". It is a lot of pressure we put on ourselves, isn't it? We aren't nearly as hard on others as we are on ourselves.

Try to be a little forgiving with yourself. You don't have to be perfect. Where are you right now with your drinking? Where do you want to be? I agree that listening to the cds even if you fall asleep while listening you will benefit.

Keep posting and venting. We are here for you Summer,
          K
          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Sad today

summer my sisters son(5 years) has an habit of throwing mobile phones into water...after two mobiles gone wasted, she decided to be more careful..she locked the bathrooms n other precautions too.. she bought nokia E66 ..she kept the mob in a place where he cant reach...one day she scoulded the kid n the kid was pissed off...evening i n my sis were drinking coffee..i still remember that, the kid slowly walked like tom as if he is gonna catch jerry...he came near my sis back n dropped that brand new mobile from her behind into the coffee mug she was holding n ran away.......thats how todays kids are...being a mother is greater responsibility...u have 3 wonderfull kids try to erase the word alcohol from ur history...take pride being a mother...u can do it.....

Comment

Working...
            X