Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans

Hi,
    I have great feedback since I joined up this week. A lot of people have mentioned that newbies should set out a plan - what should such a plan entail?

I was thinking about starting a journal (where can I do this) and posting in it every day for the next month or so a different reason why I should not drink - any views?

Also I began this morning before work I wrote down the following points on a piece of paper and I plan to do so for a month or so -
    - I hate the way alcohol effects me:
    - I gain nothing from drinking;
    -I can't drink; &
    - I DONT DRINK.
    I suppose I am trying to brainwash myself into a particular mindset until such time as it sinks in.
    What other tools have people used as part of their plan? At this stage I am not physically addicted but am certainly psychologically addicted and am an AL abuser when I drink. But I don't want to fast forward to when I'm 38 and realise that my life has not progressed and I am now physically addicted.
    I plan to change my phone number so I can't contact or be contacted by people who's only association with me is drinking.
    I have not told anyone that I want to stop drinking - should I do this? However I know that most will laugh me off as being silly or will dismiss my efforts.
    Thanks

Plans

Davie, What sheri said
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Plans

Davie,

Many people just keep personal journals, like you started this morning: pen to paper. But there is also a blog feature on this website where you can keep a blog of your thoughts and progress and go to it whenever you want. Of course, it is public, and anyone on the site can read it, so you would have to keep that in mind. I myself, have not started a blog, but I think it has been a useful tool for many.

I'm glad you're sticking around! Best wishes.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Plans

Hi Davie, Welcome, nice to meet you! Journaling sounds like a great idea to me.....trust yourself, you will make the right decisions for you. You are so wise to recognise the issues that alcohol presents in your life and to nip it in the bud NOW! We know, without the shadow of a doubt that this disease is progressive and the sooner we tackle the problem, the less destruction we leave in our wake!

As for your drinking friends, I would use your best judgment. Drinkers like others to drink with them. I would chose who you discuss your non-drinking plans with, wisely. Particularly in the early weeks and months. Find a few close confidants.....and by all means, use this forum to develope non-drinking relationships......It truly helps!

Best Wishes!
        Kate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
        X