X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

Hi Odaters!

Sorry I havent' been around - crazy busy

Can 't chat now, just wanted to check in say hi and start us off.

If anyone can get their hands on a cosmopolitan magazine, read the article in this months mag deathly drinks - scary - I'd copy it here but don't have time!

Touch base this weekend guys,

Have a good one!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

ODAT - Friday

ODATERS!!!

Hi uni we started the thread at the same time - great minds....! :H I'll go delete mine.:H

Yay Friday!!! I'm still "on call" at the hole, doing some work from home. Ho-hum.

There is a party tonight that I may go to. I don't think I would except for the fact that I need to get out being newly divorced and all. I'm happy with alone time and AL is not a temptation there, but I feel like this party is something I SHOULD do instead of WANT to do. (Except for a friend's grandaughter I really want to see) Anyway, I'll be sure to wear something with pockets so my hands have somewhere to go.

On that note, I'll mention how helpful being aware of things like pockets, early exit reasons, reason you are NOT drinking (if that bothers you), what WILL you drink, are good things to have in place before going out. Especially over the holidays.

Have a tremendously fun weekend and draw closer to you goals!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi ODATers!
      Happy Friday to all of you. Today I'm helping out at our local senior citizen center today preparing the place for a huge rummage sale tomorrow! Feeling great on day 32!! Day 6 for November. Goal is to stay AF thru November...I'm really beginning to love this new life. If I keep busy, I'm don't even want to drink.
      Have a great weekend and stay focused on your goals
      When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
      -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Happy Weekend ODATers!! I am on day 5 and am ecstatic! I haven't gotten to day 5 in over 6 years! I"m feeling great and ready for the weekend!! Hope everyone has a super weekend and hope we can all stay AF!
        AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

day 1 again for me, really feeling down today, didnt get much sleep last night and its been really grey and dark here all day, plus i drank far too much last night, determined to make it a few days this time, could do with some support tho,
          Twitch

Comment

ODAT - Friday

What's your plan, tawny? Have one? Need one?
            sigpic

Comment

ODAT - Friday

tawnywitch;751816 wrote: day 1 again for me, really feeling down today, didnt get much sleep last night and its been really grey and dark here all day, plus i drank far too much last night, determined to make it a few days this time, could do with some support tho,
              Hey Tawny....sorry to hear that you are down. Just remember that today is a brand new day and you can start all over again!!! Just try to pinpoint what it was that caused you to drink and try to put yourself in a new place. Think about how good it feels to be AF!!! Keep posting and let us know how you are doing. Don't be too down.....you will get better!!
              AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

When I come to this site I have chosen this thread to try & become a regular in. Reason being it's the "One Day At A Time Thread". It gives me a sense of belonging & accountability. It helps me to keep my feet grounded in just for today. I've spent far too much time living in the past & future tripping. All I have is today. So I will call this my home base for now.

Last couple of days I had some urges to drink. I practiced observing, being aware of why. Part mental, part physical. The good news is I counteracted them by challenging them & being proactive. I'm not feeling as hopeful as I was, but I am sober. I will not drink today!!! No matter what!!! This isn't going to be easy, but it will be worth it.

I'm going to eat something soon. It's a trigger for me. I fill up on two cups of coffee, then I'm full and a bit nervous. I also plan to put my make up on & curl my hair & get out to the grocery store. Just think if I were drinking~hungover then I'd be too scared to drive & let alone practice self care.

I have to remind myself I'm worth it, so is my family. Including my beloved dog. Who also feels the pain.

If today were my last day here on Earth, how would I want it to look? How would I choose to behave? This is my reminder of my life today. Today I choose forgiveness & love. Today I choose freedom. Today I choose sobriety.

Please keep going ODATERS. Don't give up. It's just one day. We are worth it!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Trish;751853 wrote: I'm going to eat something soon. It's a trigger for me. I fill up on two cups of coffee, then I'm full and a bit nervous. I also plan to put my make up on & curl my hair & get out to the grocery store.
                  Excellent plan! Try to switch over to decaf or decaf teas when you can. Apples help the weaning process from coffee. Stay hydrated too! You're doing great!
                  sigpic

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Thank you ~ green eyes for the tips. I do have some lovely teas in the cupboard. It's hard changing habits, but it's doable. It makes it easier when somebody else reminds us. I'm fairly good at reminding others to take care of themselves, except me.

I know this needs to change. Changing unhealthy habits for new ones takes effort. It's like what good are my words if I don't follow them myself? Uh not so good.

Thank you again for the encouragement & the tips. I have apples in the fridge bin. I will do more then make the effort. I will go cut up that apple & no more coffee today.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Happy Friday all. Great thoughts and reminders Trish. Tawny, I'm sending my thoughts your way.

Another day, and I got a major tweek this morning thinking how nice it would be to "go back to old ways". Boy that subconscious thing is nasty. Had some carbs and feel better now, and no, I'm not going back today. Have a great day all!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

I wish I could think of a plan, I'm not a very plannish person, just to take each day as it comes I guess, try to get thru the weekend without drinking, got big family do on tomorrow,it's good to come to this thread tho, so many people all trying for the same thing, thank's,
                        Twitch

Comment

ODAT - Friday

For you tawny

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ess-37244.html
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X