Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for Advice - Wait for Supplements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the book a month or so ago, and order the Kudzu and got some inexpensive hypnotic downloads. It didn't do the trick, although the Kudzu definitely helps and reading that book was great.
    So, anyway, NOW I want to do this exactly the way Roberta tells you to. However, I am still waiting for the supplements (delivery date is scheduled for Monday) and the topa (who knows when). I just got another bottle of Kudzu and the MWO hypnotherapy CDs last night and I am so anxious to get started. Should I wait until everything is in hand, or start the CDs now? I drink *sort of* moderately during the week (2 glasses of wine every night, pretty much like a clock), and tend to fritter away both afternoons of my weekends "enjoying myself" and very often being a total, useless recluse. So, my goal is only to drink occasionally (like two glasses a week max), and not ever when I'm just home by myself. I need to be more alive! My garden is weedy, my shelves are dusty, my family and friends are neglected. I want to change this so badly!
    I would like to start this weekend with two completely productive days if it would work. I just don't know if I should start again with the half measure, or wait until everything is here. I don't want to blow this. I know motivation is the key factor, and the rest will help only if you have the motivation. I was thinking I would start listening to the CDs, but not start the 30 days AF until the topa arrives.
    Can anyone share some wisdom, and let me know what you think? I already exercise and am a lifelong vegetarian -- but am not particularly thin because of all that "enjoying myself" (wine and food go together for me).
    This is long. Sorry. I'm a little freaked out. I feel like this is my chance, and lord knows it wasn't cheap to get all this stuff for the first twelve weeks. I do hope it works. I need to jump in with both feet. I have grandkids and I feel like it's my second chance. I was a pretty flighty mom. This sounds more like a confession -- sorry!!!
    HELP! : )

Hi see creature and welcome, you have already made a big step by coming here it’s a wonderful website with wonderful support. I would personally start straight away and take the supplements when they arrive, I did and it worked for me. I have just finished my supplements and haven't felt better in as long as I can remember! My energy and enthusiasm for like has improved a 100 fold !

Good luck, keep posting and let us know how you are doing - determination is just as important as you supplements which I can tell you are brimming with at the mo (I personally think much more so - even though I have religiously taken the supplements). Get your life and lustre back it really is worth it - dust down your life as well as your shelves

All the best hdb :l

Comment

Oh, thanks, hdb! I have the time & the space this weekend to get a good start on those CDs, so I am going to do it. If you did it this way and are already AF past the 30-day mark, I will tack that information that onto my little collection of positive thinking & proven-successful-moves & go forward on it. Just got back from the gym, too, so step 1, step 2... I hope, hope, hope I make this work!
      Thanks again, very much.

Comment

Well done and good luck see creature, hope that the weekend went well for you? Sending you lots of strength hdb

Comment

Hi there,
          I, like you, am new and am doing a patchwork AF period. I started working out before I was AF but notice a significant change in my energy level in my 10 days (doesn't sound like a lot but for me pretty good) of AF. And I have lost 8 lbs because I too ,"enjoyed myself" with the wine. I am taking camparal and my own supplements but I feel like I should be using more that are suggested by Roberta. Let me know how they work for you and the hypnotherapy discs. I really want them but not sure which one to get and a bit pricey for me right now.
          Keep us posted.
          ~ty

Comment

Hi, Tyaribbon

First of all, it sounds like what you're doing is working GREAT. 10 days AF and 8 pounds! Cool. I'd be thrilled. Maybe you should write a book! : )

Actually, I got ALL of the supplements suggested in MWO plus the CDs & I have followed the schedule. The vitamins she suggested really do make me feel good, and I was able to hold it down to one glass of wine per evening, without anxiety and without the medication piece of the puzzle. The topirimate finally came today. And yes, ouch on the price tag. I think I figured out somewhere that it was over $600 for the twelve weeks. I just finally decided it was an investment in the next forty years (I'm optimistic as I'm turning 51 in a few weeks).

So far, no anxiety and I have had exactly one glass of wine per night for five nights (Sunday through Thursday). None tonight (Friday). I took the first 25 mg of topirimate today at noon, and for me it is really speedy. I came onto the forum to see if I could find out if that is usual. (Sorry that I didn't respond sooner; this is the first time I've been back since last weekend.)

I guess the reason it seems to be working better for me following the MWO plan exactly could simply be that I believed it would. I have been able to quit before cold turkey and not drink at all for a year or more, once by going to a hypnotist and again after that, I think, because the effects of that hyposis were still with me. That is why I believed in the hypnosis. I think an actual human hypnotist would be my first choice, but these MWO CDs are definitely working better than the downloads I got previously. And I didn't ask the hypnotist to allow me to drink moderately because I didn't think that was a possibility. If this works, it will be a really good thing for me and my family and our future.

Thanks for asking, and please keep me posted on YOUR progress! It sounds like your patchwork is a pretty good one.

Comment

I understand wanting to have all the piece in place

See Creature;752551 wrote:
              Can anyone share some wisdom, and let me know what you think? I already exercise and am a lifelong vegetarian -- but am not particularly thin because of all that "enjoying myself" (wine and food go together for me).
              This is long. Sorry. I'm a little freaked out. I feel like this is my chance, and lord knows it wasn't cheap to get all this stuff for the first twelve weeks. I do hope it works. I need to jump in with both feet. I have grandkids and I feel like it's my second chance. I was a pretty flighty mom. This sounds more like a confession -- sorry!!!
              HELP! : )
              I did

My CD's & Supp's came in first a day apart...so I started them as soon as they came in...& started moderating...actually...had moderated without even thnking about it after reading the book a week before....just making the commitment to make a change after reading the book, I noticed a drop in my consumption. Like you I was a daily wine drinker, although I suspect my consumption may have been considerably higher as I was going through 5 magnums of White Zin a week & it dropped in half the first week just with the reading of the book. I waited for the topa before I went AF. I also was already exercising.
              Have been AF 9 days now...have drop 3#.

You are definitely in a great place with lots of support if you choose to take advantage...check out newbies nest....also...long term moderators....as you are considering modding.

:welcome:
              Rejuve

Comment

Working...
              X