WISH THERE WAS 24/7 CHAT ...NO ONE EVER THERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mentathaloner, so glad you are feeling better about things today. ADDICTION is what makes us think in really nutty, insane ways and do crazy stuff. The good news is that everybody here has been through it. Learn and move forward.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello,
      11 days is great. Well done.
      I did about the same in July after 20yrs of drinking every night.
      Had 1 drink, then took a few weeks, then the odd day or 2.
      Just did 2 days and felt great, broke my new routine and gave in again last night.

My point is, since I've been coming here, in the last 6 months I have had probably 20 al free days.
      Thats 20 more than than the last 20yrs - encouraging eh ?

Keep it up, 11 days is fantastic, and a lot better than none.
      Tonight I'm al free again.

Good luck.
      As someone said, put a message in the urgent help and a chat will probably be minutes away.
      Andrew.

Comment

Hi.
        Well done on your 11 days. Im on day 1 so to know that people can go 11 days is encouraging for me. The numb feeling that has been mentioned has struck a cord with me! I drink to numb the pain and feel "normal" whatever that is.
        Dont give up.
        I could do with someone to talk to so if you want to message me feel free. :l

Comment

No access to chat for some reason....

Hi, I just tried to access the chat line but for some reason it won't come up....then recalled an earlier message that I could just post a request for a chat.....anyone up for a chat?
          :wannachat:
          :thanks:

Comment

Ment - I have to say I didn't read any of the responses (too lazy!) -- but I'm sure you got GREAT ones.

I agree that chat here is ... not what it should be. I belong to a quit smoking site where the chat is really 24/7.. this is disappointing.

I so very much relate to your reasons for drinking. I have been Very disappointed in myself the last week or so. I "think" I want to change, but don't.

If I get past a certain amt. of time, I DO feel more optimistic in general. It's GETTING there that is difficult.

But... I've done it before. I CAN do it again. It's ALL about TRUE Desire.

If you "kinda" want to do it, it won't work.

I wish I could know the Definitive reason to do it. Alas.

Hang in. Just see what happens. You're HERE.
            Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
            X