What are your favourite threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm relatively new here and feeling overwhelmed with all the forums and threads.

Please tell me which are the threads that you visit every day and that have become invaluable to you. Thanks.

Annie

Hi Anya,
    For me, my daily drop in is the Army Thread. I have been posting on that for over a year and the people there have become dear friends. They have seen me through good times and bad times and really mean loads to me.
    But I also like to pop in to the Next Day Thread and keep up with my friends from there.
    As a rule, I click on New Posts to see whats happening elsewhere in the forum too. That will bring up posts from all the forums that I havent yet read.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

hiya i start of mostly in the Army thread,it always gives me a good buzz at the start of the morning.
      Then i go to long term abstainers thread,as that is what i hope to be,then i go through all the new and not so new posts,.i try to do this at least once a day,it works for me

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Anya,

1st. the Army thread.
        2nd. Any new posts.
        3rd.Try to sniff out the newbies. Even if I just say hello.

If someone is tagged on the bottom of a thread I'll try and send a PM.

I was very confuzzled when I came here and just plonked myself where I felt comfortable.

Love Jackie xxx
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;754721 wrote: Hi Anya,

1st. the Army thread.
          2nd. Any new posts.
          3rd.Try to sniff out the newbies. Even if I just say hello.

If someone is tagged on the bottom of a thread I'll try and send a PM.

I was very confuzzled when I came here and just plonked myself where I felt comfortable.

Love Jackie xxx
          morning jc what you mean tagged at bottom of thread

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

mario;754723 wrote: morning jc what you mean tagged at bottom of thread
            A new poster who's said hello at the end of a thread ( or even in the middle) and sort of gets 'lost'.
            Hope that makes sense.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm an ODAT girl. Have been since I came here 2 years ago - love it there.
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

Welcome :welcome:AP

I started in the Newbies Nest till I learned my way around a bit. There is a monthly thread in the Starting out section I have been posting on since April. I have just now moved to a couple of monthly threads in General.

Read and post. Try different threads. You will find all kinds of support here.
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I still am a regular on ODAT (one day at a time) even that is not my mode. I started out there and I stay there to offer support. Especially since newbies often land there. I have close friends in the army thread. I give lots of attention to the daily thread in montly abstinance where often we discuss particular topics. And I look for new people and people who need help. Just make yourself comfortable. You are welcome anywhere.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                  X