Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi everyone,
    I'm brand new and have just decided to finally get this drinking out of my life. I'd appreciate any help you may want to give.
    I guess the thing that I fear most will be the "cravings" of withdrawl.
    I usually don't start drinking until 5:00pm then I cruise through a bottle or two of wine per evening.
    thanks
    Hawk63

Hello

hi and :welcome: hawk63 you have come to a great place,with a great community which can give you sound advice & help,read as many posts and threads as you can.there are daily threads for newbies and a starting out thread but you can drop in to anyone you want,more than welcome to share your thoughts & experiences,you are not alone .:goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hello

Hi Hawke,
      Good stuff for asking for help, thats often one of the hardest things to do.
      Withdrawal can be tough and usually lasts a few days. If you are worried, have uncontrollable shakes please see a doctor.
      You may feel a bit like you have the flu, so I treated it like I did. Look after yourself and keep reading and posting here. There is lots of support and inspiration to be had. Its not easy but its so very worth it.
      Welcome!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hello

welcome hawke!

I'd get the kudzu and l-glutamine from the health store at the top of this page. I don't know about the l-glute, but the kudzu is superior to any you get elsewhere.

Let us know if you get physical w/drawals. There are tips for that as well.

Good luck!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello

Hi there Im new too.
          Today is going to be day 1 of being alcohol free. Im not sure if my drinking is an addiction or just a habit. Ive just watched Rain in my heart on you tube and that has out things into perspective more for me. I guess that I am classed as a heavy drinker probably around 5 bottles of wine a week and beer as well.
          Today is day 1 and perhaps we can take those steps together.
          I think for me I need to address why I drink and will write a journey blogg.
          I just feel so clear and peaceful today I want this feeling to last.

Comment

Hello

welcome change!....Like the shortened version of your user name...I too am new to this site....a couple of weeks....people here seem great...
            :thanks:

Comment

Hello

I am starting again too. Glad to meet you all. I did use the L-Glutamine and the Kudzu. The L-Glutamine helped a lot. But, I fell off the wagon and stopped using the supplements. Trying to get back on track.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
              X