guess I got overconfident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was doing ok with modding, then I got depressed about some things. One thing that was helping was keeping a handwritten chart. But I was getting sloppy about making time for the hypno. I did start on topa, but then started taking effexor again because I was so depressed, then yesterday I forgot the topa. I'm trying to be objective...ok, I'm finding out what does and doesnt' work. The supps help, the hypno helps, the topa seems to, and the effexor seems not to. Exercise, too. It's so easy to get caught up in puttering around doing stuff that seems important. But I do need to clean the fish tank...but I can do that when my daughter is home. must go for now...sorry for rambling

Understand completely. I need to stay on the supplements/topamax & keep exercising. Hang in there!!!! :l
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

thanks

Just want to say thank you for your understanding. It helps!

Comment

Ag! same here, I'm in the same situation right now...just wish I could stop!!!
        Chook

Comment

It's hell...I think another mistake I made was to start drinking more coffee. And when I see certain family members it tends to be a trigger. It all worked together...Hang in there...taking a walk today helped me feel better

Comment

agapanthus;755754 wrote: It's hell...I think another mistake I made was to start drinking more coffee. And when I see certain family members it tends to be a trigger. It all worked together...Hang in there...taking a walk today helped me feel better
            OMG Agapanthus!!! I was on decaf almost exclusively since August and then started to feel warn out and needed a boost in the morning since like October! I got back to almost three cups... and my resolve faltered. I was thinking the caffeine might be making me anxious and then I thought 'nah!'
            Staying calm is key.
            I added a teaspoon of caffeinated instant coffee to my decaf around 5:30 this morning, but that was it. I will watch it now. Thanks!!

Comment

Crazy, huh? I have to limit myself to about half a cup (and that's a big mug of strong french roast, so I have to be careful!)

Comment

It's a learning process....what works, what triggers drinking. Having a plan and learning from upsets helps getting on with this journey. Thanks for sharing and being so honest. It is very helpful to me and hopefully to others.
                Redhibiscus

Comment

Thank you, too. It has helped me to see other people's posts and their honesty as well. If anything, there's good news - that the supps, etc. do help!

Comment

Yesterday I didn't take any of them and guess what, messed up again. Wish things didn't upset me so much that I lose sight of my goals and forget. I did start effexor again and at the right dose, it does help, but I forgot to take that, too. Better go take all that stuff before it happens again...

Comment

Hi Aga, sorry to hear you are struggling.
                      For me, I need to be quite regimental in my life to stay on track both mentally and physically. I easily get upset too and its all too common for me to focus on the negative and forget the positives.
                      Keep on learning from your triggers, I know its not easy, but thats how we move forward.
                      Best wishes to you.
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                      X