Introduction - First Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction - First Day

Hello. I wanted to introduce myself and share my story so that I can get started and get my drinking under control. I am a 30 year old mother to a 3 year old girl that I love dearly. I am married - my husband is great in many ways but he can be controlling and sometimes uptight. I think that is part of the reason I drink - to relax some. But I need to and want to stop. The drinking has been really bad lately over the past month especially. I have tried many ways and tricks to control my drinking but little works. I recently even completed a full marathon thinking the training would focus me not to drink and while I did cut down some it did not work. I am in the health profession so I know and understand the consequences of drinking. I am a small business owner as well so have pressure and stress to succeed. People around me would never know I struggle with this battle. I hate it. I guess you could say my beverage of choice is wine. Right now I can easily drink 1 1/2 bottles a night. This is so embarressing to admit but when I found this site I felt it was the safe place for me. Alcoholism runs in my family and many people around me drink - execpt my husband who can easily control 1 or 2 drinks and stop. I want to and need to stop. The first step for this week is that I am not going to buy any wine at the grocery store. I say this everyweek but fail. Now that I am posting I want to come back this evening and tell you that I did it. I can easily relax at night with hot tea and a walk or yoga. I guess that is all for now.

Introduction - First Day

:welcome: A big welcome to you, Happydays! You have made an important first step. I remember when I first posted. I was feeling lost and hopeless. There are many here who know the struggle you are in. We are in this together. Keep coming back and posting and never give up! You can beat this!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Introduction - First Day

Hell Happydays,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
      If you haven't already, go to the Health Store on this site & download the MWO book. It's a quick read & full of useful information. You plan to stop buying AL is good - look in the Tool box in the Monthly Abstinence section for lots of good ideas to help you make your plan.

Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread for lots of support.
      Look forward to getting to know you

Wishing you the best!
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Introduction - First Day

Hi I know exactly where you are coming from. I am also in the health profession and have a husband who can limit his drinking. He too can be a little controling and uptight! I'm on day 4 today and feeling so pleased with myself!! You can do this! You can break the pattern that you have found yourself in! It's a habit that we can all break!
        Good luck and keep posting! X

Comment

Introduction - First Day

You are not alone

:welcome:

I too have been drinking about a bottle and a half (I buy the boxed wine and measure out exactly 32 ounces every night) for about the past 7 years. To the best of my knowledge, no one knows about my problem. I hide it from my family. I joined MWO exactly one week ago and went AF for 7 days. Slipped up last night and had 3 glasses of wine - felt horrible this morning after just that much so I am really determined now to at least try and cut back if not quit. Believe me when I say that the support on this site definitely got me thru the first week. I haven't gone without drinking every day for years!

We are all in this together!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Introduction - First Day

Thank you for all the support. I will say I had a successful grocery trip - even though my toddler was acting completly out of control and embarrising me I skipped the wine aisle. I never drink during the day but when she acts like that I sart thinking I will enjoy my wine at 5:00 or so...I can tell already that this is exactly the type of support I need. Thanks again for quick feedback this morning. It helped.

Comment

Introduction - First Day

Happydays,
              Love your name and welcome. We can and will do this together. Take care.
              Redhibiscus

Comment

Introduction - First Day

:welcome: Happy Days

:goodjob: for taking the first step and like everyone else has mentioned this is a really great site!

Keep posting and thanks for sharing your story, it will get easier.

Big hugs,
                Janet
                AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Introduction - First Day

Hi Happydays :welcome:

Your in a great place now @ MWO , sign in daily , read and post , or just read , don't buy any wine for the house , that was the first thing I did ! Not having it in the house made it so much easier , buy some tea's and juices that you can enjoy ! I was in your shoes in September, MWO and all the support I got here has turned me around ~ Start doing DrinkTracker too , seeing all the 0's makes me so proud of myself.. See ya tomorrow , I'm off to watch the Lakers:h Em
                  Non Drinker 9/09
                  Non Smoker 6/09
                  Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Introduction - First Day

Hi HD,
                    Welcome. Taking care of a toddler is stressful and hard work. Good for you for stopping now before it gets worse. When the kids are in school all day it becomes a lot easier to pop that bottle during the day. Just don't start.
                    My best wishes.
                    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                    AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Introduction - First Day

welcome happy days, you have just taken a big step in the right direction in trying to get a better life.hope you stick around,read as many posts/threads as you can and you will see what a great community this can be .:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Introduction - First Day

Hello Happydays. Just checking in with you to see how you are doing?? Hope all is well. Take care. x

Comment

Working...
                        X