Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - MONDAY (check in everybody!)

ODATERS!!!

It's Monday!!! I love mondays! They are like fresh linen on the bed.

Did you know that 10 minutes of sun on your bod in the AM helps set the happy emotional tone for the day? Give it a whirl this week.

I had a fab weekend. Full of opportunities that would not have been open to me were I spending my time drinking. I am so glad to be out of that prison!

Go for the O!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Hey Green and all to come today. I know that I will be soaking up the sun this week because every single day it's going to be sunny and in the 40s here in New England! Awesome for November!! Volunteer work to do this morning at the local Senior Activity Center preparing for their 'Thanksgiving' meal tomorrow then home to enjoy the sunshine on the deck.
    I will definitely be meeting my AF goal today! Enjoy the day wherever you are!
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Hi ODATers!

Greenie, thanx for starting this thread.

I am still trying to figure out the plan. I do take it mostly ODAT, but it seems to me that if I want to drink, I can , b/c I can start ODAT again and again and again.....

On the other side, I do not want to commit to a significant AF time, as I know if I fail, I would be feeling like a total failure.

But anyway....I love Mondays too and today will be abother BFYZ (big fat yellow zero) on my DT.

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Love,
      MZ

Comment

good morning greenie well we have overcast but its going to be a pretty day enjoy
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Mamazum... How about 3 consecutive days? Just give me 3 in a row. I bet that is doable! The turtle wouldn't make progress if he didn't stick his neck out, you know!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Im enjoying the ODAT philosophy! However the weather here is lousy! Rain rain and just a bit more rain for good measure and the the howling wind! Autumn in the Uk!! The colours on the trees (whats left after all that wind lol) are still very pretty. Enjoy the rest of your Monday. Day 5 af- and feeling free and happy. x

Comment

Greenie, thanks a bunch!
              I will do 3 days. I did 3 days few times recently and felt really good. It is day 4 that always throws me back...
              MZ

Comment

Hi all,
                Well into day 3 AF, and leaving to pick up kids soon. Rest of day should be breezier. With I had your sunshine, Greenie!
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

MamaZum: Day 4 was always hard for me, too. Seems after that, things get a bit easier.
                  Best to you!
                  When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                  -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Hello everyone. I've just found MWO and have spent half a day trying to decide what to do.
                    I'm scared. Of alcohol. Of being without alcohol. Of myself.

Comment

:welcome: Hello and welcome Scaredtobits. One day at a time is a great mantra to live by. Everyone here is so welcoming and not judgemental. Making a decision to be af is such a scary business but with us on here you will be able to do this and be af. Good luck. Keep reading and posting. One day at a time. Sending lots of love. x

Comment

Scared to bits - welcome to odat and MWO - we're all here for you! You can do ti.

Greeny - I'm up for 3 in a row!

Here's to the first one.

Uni
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                        :h

Comment

Hello to all ODATer's

Ok...day 1 again for me, but I feel good and ready for the challenge.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Hi there, Just figured out what ODAT stands for ... and I thought I was a bright one. Anyhow, I am trying for Monday, Tuesday and Wed or Thursday; that's three days this week AF. Just had a big fat drinking weekend. A fun couple visited on Friday and we drank. Saturday we had a friend from the office and her non-drinking hubby over for a raclette (we had some moose meat) and we drank wine and on Sunday my adult kids came over for a steak dinner ... and we had lots of wine. So although I must admit not getting hammered I NEVER go two days in a row AF. We entertain alot. Wish me luck. I feel good about this. I like this ODAT thread. I can't begin to think of going a whole month AF what with upcoming Christmas gatherings although i am funny and outgoing while sober so that's no excuse. OK I'll end now ... fellow ODATers... we can do it.
                            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

:hallo: Hello everyone! I am back to day one as well, but I am okay with that. Have only had drinks on nights when I don't have to work the next morning....and even then have been able to keep it moderated. What a great feeling. I am all for 3 days AF....I think we can all do it! Enjoy the week!!
                              AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X