ODAT - MONDAY (check in everybody!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Monday all. Thanks for starting Greeny! I think my mondays are more like MOUNDS of dirty linen, but I'll get control and have it all washed out soon. Glad to know the Sun is there somewhere newbeginning.

Welcome scared. When I first started in August 2008 I was terrified that I would never drink again, and never enjoy life again. It took a lot of trying for me. This is a process, and it is different for everyone. Since May I haven't had a binge, which for me is amazing. I did indeed have a "pang" yesterday and a moment of sighing that it would be fun to have a drink. But then I reminded myself that back in 2008 I was having huge health and sleeping problems that have since cleared up completely. There is a huge dialog between your primitive brain which loves the booze, and your logical brain which knows a bit better. You can kick it. You can feel good about it. It will feel good. You've done a ton of new things in your life, you went to school, you got a job, maybe you got married. This is just another new thing, a part of life's journey.

Comment

Hi
      Scaredtobits - when I found this site I was scared at the thought of not drinking, and also scared at what would happen if I carried on drinking, but after many many attempts I haven't had a drink for 8 days now, and I feel so much better. I am not going to scare myself silly telling myself I will NEVER drink again, just that I don't want to drink today. Then tomorrow we'll see. All I can tell you that it is worth the effort just to see how good feels. Best of luck to you.:l

Comment

Hello everyone in odat land. My weekend ended up being as challenging as I thought it would and I didn't do as well as I had hoped. Sick kids at home have meant no workout today too which just as more stress. But I will not drink this week,,and hopefully tomorrow they are feeling better and back at school..Have a great night everyone...good luck!
        Every day is not 100%, however, it is 100% better than my best day of drinking..

Comment

ODAT for me too. I am taking baby steps this time. It feels so good to be AF. I love sleeping well, getting alot done and enjoying life. It is so scary to lose control and feel crummy. Drinking numerous times a week is not for me. Today was good and that is enough for now.
          Redhibiscus

Comment

hello all odat frriends, I am back to day 3 AF. and it feels good again. I slipped last friday on my day 6. but I must say I did'nt enjoy it very much and I did'nt like Saturday morning not being clear headed. I like the person I'm becoming AF.

Scared, This is a great site for help and support. last week was the first time I went almost 6 daysAF in years. I thought the same way...how scarey but with the help of this site I made it that far and it wasn't as hard as I thought...Keep postiinng and reading different threads and see how far you can go. every little bit is good

MM

Comment

Horray for ODAT!!!!

Hello Everyone

Count me in for 3 days as well, I am almost at AF Day 8 (midnight tonite) and along with my boyfriend, we are committed to doing 3 days this week. Better yet, we are going to do this whole week. We both had a really great weekend and are both relieved to wake up without the horrible hangovers and our doggie Mya likes it because she can get her morning walks to the dog park. It's so nice to be up early and wow to feel that San Diegan sun along with the Santa Ana winds is just so awesome. I am sooooo happy to be AF and like some people have mentioned I don't have this "plan" to never to drink but for now I don't want it in my life. Maybe I will be able to moderate.....maybe I won't...and I am okay with that too.

Scaredtobits: :welcome: and take the wonderful advice that everyone has given you, this is really a wonderful site, so please keep posting and remember that we understand what you are going through....you can do it...

CMF - Congrats on AF Day 5, wow it was like last week you were sharing your story and now you are here being so supportive in helping others and yet I am sure this helps you as well, it does for all of us. Whether we have been a MWO member one day or 2 years (myself) we all have this same battle and we all inspire one another. Thanks everyone.....

Thanks Greenie for starting this thread. Best of luck everyone for an awesome ODAT week and lots of hugs....

Janet

P.S. Okay, so there is one thing I do need to 3 days....so I will CCF for 3 days this week...chocolate cake free:H
              AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Working...
              X