back again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back again!

Hello, I have been a member off and on for a few years. After a long break I find myself needing to rejoin this group. I was doing well about 2 years ago and a move and a few other things have sent me into a daily drinking habit once again. It never lets go of you.

The move was way harder than I thought it would be and I find myself quite lonely. I also have an autistic son that I worry about quite a bit. I find a bottle or more of wine in the evenings takes the feeling of loneliness and worry away. Of course that is only temporary and the feelings return in the morning, along with guilt, shame, fear for my health.... not to mention the physical toll.

I feel like I have gotten no better in dealing with my feelings without alcohol than I was when I first started trying to figure all of this out years ago. This is despite some therapy, a steady yoga practice and reading just about every self help book there is. I am now starting a consistant meditation practice... just a few days ago. I even bought a meditation cushion this time.

My husband is out of town for the week and is coming home tomorrow nite. I have had 4 AF nights this week. Although I feel good about that, each of those nights has been lonely and long. I want to feel the joy that some of you talk about from being AF. How and when does that happen???? I'm so frustrated. I'm miserable when I'm drinking and I feel pretty much the same when I'm not.

Thanks for listening and thanks for being here to turn to on a long Saturday nite without wine.

back again!

:welcome: back looking for peace and nice to meet you. Glad you're here and congrats on the 4 days AF!

Hope to see you around!

Comment

back again!

I started to feel alot better at day 5 and beyond. I'm on day 35 now and feel great. Hang in there, keep your focus and you can do it. I try to keep busy. I find cleaning my house in particular helps.

Comment

back again!

Welcome back. Feeling better does take a bit of time. AL only makes everything worse and like you said is only a temporary "fix" with all the problems back and more the next day.
        Come to MWO when you are lonely or tempted and read, read, read.
        Keep the AF days coming.

Winefree

Comment

back again!

Welcome back LFP,
          I too have come back to this site and refuse to give up. My son also had special needs and it is a lonely feeling and tough. I wish now that I'd had a support group. I joined a cool church when he was in high school and did get support in a women's group that helped me immensely. When I say cool church, I mean a friendly and nonjudgemental group of people, who, for the most part, were trying to do the right things. Kindness, love, etc. It is hard to get support when you have a child with special needs, and you need support and community to lessen the feelings of isolation.

We are here for you, keep posting and explore all the threads. The November Navigator's will welcome you, and are really supportive, so if you feel like it, join us. It is so positive that you realize that the alcohol is not working for you. You can do this, strength and hope.
          :welcome::l
          Redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
          X