November Navigators ~ AF Week Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning all you November Navigators. I cannot believe another week is started. We have had our ups and downs, but continue to perservere in our goal to obtain and manage life changing sobriety.

I continue to struggle, but can now say I am at Day 8 AF. I want the support and encouragement of this group and new people for December. Have we started thinking of new names yet? Let's try. The December ....it's too early. My brain isn't working. Help with names.

Thanksgiving is this week and for some it will be challenging. Here are some AF drink recipes. Non-alcoholic recipes: 700+ appetizing drink recipes.. Out with the old, in with the new. Staying AF for this holiday will ensure that I am there for my loved ones and will remember the celebration.

Strength and hope. :h:h:l:h:h
    Redhibiscus

Ahoy Mates,

Thanks for starting the thread this morning. Thanks for the link. As long as we are drinking them here on our af ship there's also no calories. Right?

Sooty-What is going on with your weather? Is there a hurricane or something going on? I know a hurricane hit the coast of Texas acouple of years ago and it came on land as far as Ohio. You've been having these storms for a week or more haven't you?

GFO-Congratulations on 14 af days. When you are having those dark moods is exactly the time to come here and post. We've all been through the emotional roller coaster ride of getting af and we do understand.

MM-Good job on getting through Saturday. Hang in there, you can do this.

Lav-Are you still babysitting the terrible 2's? My oldest daughter has an African gray parrot that I babysit some times. He talks like crazy and is quiet entertaining as long as you keep your distance.

Dill, Lodster, Finding, Pnut, LHB, Sd (I hope I haven't missed anyone) Have a great af Saturday.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Red, thank you for starting the thread! I have one stolen minute here and wanted to say hi! Red, you are doing SO WELL!! We know how hard it is. Keep up the good work.

From the end of week three: Sooty, I did not know how much rain you all had until I read your post. WOW! Thanksgiving is a National holiday and most people get both Thursday and Friday off and there is lots of travelling and visiting with family and friends. It's one of my favorites.

GFO, thanks for sharing that story. That must have shaken you up when your friend responded as he did. I'll bet it gave strength to you to continue! So wonderful to be able to say "No thank you" to a hangover!

MM, I am SO happy for you having an AF weekend. Is it your very first?

Strength to all. I'll check in later.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good moring Red, Lil, Dill & everyone who checks in today!

Time is flying - week 4, wow, this is great
        So glad our ship's Captain Sooty is OK after a week of such horrendous weather!

GFO, congrats to you on your 14 AF days! That's terrific, be proud! Don't be afraid to post here when your mood is low - we can take it

MM you're hanging in there with us this weekend, yay!!!

Lucky me, I get another day of herding dogs around here............if I keep the Twins separated, it's not so bad. When they are together - look out!! Remember my fractured toe last Spring? I'm not going through anything like that again

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Sunday, I check in later.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Quick check in with everyone,

I'm on board for another week! Today will be AF for me

Dill, Yes it was my first weekend AF!! I feel good and the veil of the unknown has been lifted.. It wasn't bad at all and I got alot done and am looking forward to a productive Sunday. I must admit that my dinner and concert were easy to stay AF because none of my family drank and there were alot of others not driinking. I think if I looked around at many functions I would see alot of people not drinking. I guess its what you focus on that you will find. I did glance a couple longing looks towards the bar area though but they were just for a second.

I'll check in later, have alot I want to do. And I'm so happy for everyones success no matter how big or small it is.!!!

Let's stay afloat theres a whole big world out there. Hugs, MM

Comment

Lil, Lodestar, thanks a bunch for that trip down memory lane with Lost in Space and Bonanza! I used to think Adam on Bonanza was a hotty, so I just spend a few minutes looking up old photos from the show and found a whole (current) discussion board on Bonanza:H!

Lodestar, I could probably play the part as your cussing cousin quite easily!

GFO ? good job getting through the dinner ? and away afterwards! I think it?s fine to bring your black moods here. I?m still laughing over the picture Lil painted with the 2 year old tantrum and ding dongs! I think it was around day 14 AF when I posted that I felt like I could chew a leg off of my kitchen table. Anyway, congrats on 14 days ? definitely a reason to feel proud!!

Hey Red, thanks for starting the new thread, and for the link to recipes. The other day I pulled out an old recipe book for tonics and skimmed through and found a bunch of drinks made with kudzu! I don?t know that they sound especially delicious, but there is a blurb on the history of the plant that says the Chinese have used it for thousands of years to treat drinking problems.

MM, so glad you got through Sat night AF! Great job. I?m sticking with tea these chilly autumn nights, although I might expand my horizons with some of the drinks from Red?s link.

I really meant to clean house yesterday, but decided to procrastinate and do some shopping instead. Good grief the stores were packed! Company?s coming for Thanksgiving so need to get on the stick and get this place in shape.

Dill, Sooty, Ladybird, Peanut, Lav, SD, and all?have a nice day!

Comment

Hello everyone
              my computer crashed --missed coming here last week but I'm all set now. I did relapsed Friday but I'm back on track. Feeling a little depressed about it and overwhelmed with work but I'm haging in there. I didn't get an opportunity to read all of last weeks posts; hope everyone did well. Have a great sunday - 1MC
              :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
              ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Good morning friends,

I have to get promptly to work now, as I've been puttering and cleaning this morning!

MM -- love the idea of the veil being lifted. You put to words exactly how I felt that first weekend! So very proud of you for getting through the fear and have no doubt you'll make it tonight!

GFO -- 14 days?! Whoohoo sistah! Loved your post and agree, please bring on the posts when you're feeling blue (or black). I wonder if your friend is assessing his own drinking with his tendency to get that drunk? Maybe you'll inspire a little cutting down there too...never know.

Sooty -- I don't really know how you make STs, but I like 7-up with a little marachino cherry juice (and of course, a cherry) for mine. Stay in outta the rain and take care!

Finding -- damn good to see you, my cussing cousin! LOL I'm sure our friends here will forgive our black sheepedness!

Red -- thanks for getting us started today and for the non-AL recipes!

Lav -- good luck with the idiots! No injuries.

Chance -- welcome back aboard!

Dill -- I'm finding myself curious about your sign-on name. Care to share?

xo Lil and all to come...boss breathing down my neck now!

Comment

It is great to see people doing so well; very affirming and inspiring that this is the right track to find one?s way out. I wish I could be part of the chorus but I crashed hard late Thursday and again on Friday. I need to keep building my skills in a way that they can generalize to situations that send me into a tailspin. I am not ready to give up and shall be here for Week Four. You guys shine the light and I shall attempt to follow. Love, Ladybird.
                  may we be well

Comment

LHB :l I have really been missing you!! Progress not perfection is what it's all about. You're back and still learning how to deal with life af. That's the important thing. You have lots of support and love here on this thread. :l
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

LBH so glad you came back to join us - Lil is absolutely right - progress is what we want and you are surely achieving that. Dont be hard on yourself, you will find the skills, as indeed we all will because we are all trying so hard and eventually we will all be successful.
                      And I know what I'm talking about cos I'm the captain!!!
                      Well its still raining but not quite so hard, and the forecast is terrible for the week ahead - I'll keep you posted as to how bad it gets - some parts of the country are suffering really badly.
                      Its 11p.m here and I really must go to bed - too tired to write anymore.
                      Have a good rest of Sunday everyone - see you all tomorrow
                      love Sooty

Comment

Sooty, good to hear you are doing well, watch out for that weather. One thing you don't have control over is weather...none of us do.

LBH, hey, I am so hopeful that you are continuing your journey. I crashed last weekend and it was really upsetting...but just kept trying and again at day 8. So, please know that we understand and will help in any way you ask or need. It is discouraging but we have all been there and do not judge just want to support and encourage you.

I am reading a great book tonight and had an outside day today, raking up the rest of the leaves. This November weather in my neck of the woods has been amazing. Love it. I have been overeating though and need to get a grip. Hope I have something to wear tomorrow that fits.:H
                        Redhibiscus

Comment

Good evening friends,

I should be dog free in another hour or so.......
                          then I'll be doing this :alf:
                          I've had my fill of 4 legged creatures this weekend!

Welcome back 1morechance! Stick as close as you can.......we're getting pretty strong around here!

Sooty, I'm picturing you on high ground with a telescope looking for safe passage
                          Glad you are staying dry!

Dill, hope your family visit went well this weekend, busy, busy!

LBH, be on the lookout - I am sending you a ton of Lavan-itude to help you through this rough patch. I'm grateful my supply never runs out - there's plenty to go around

Greetings to Lil, Finding, Red & everyone - hope your weekend was great!
                          Wishing everyone a good night!

Lav (the tired Dog Sitter)
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

LBH, if you will be here for week four, I will commit to it, too! Lil, is so right that you are making progress and we love and support you here.

Lodestar, my username is not much more than the fact that I like herbs, and I think dill is particularly pretty, yet not too feminine. I wanted a neutral name. There is nothing in it more than that, except that maybe I feel like I am in a pickle!!:H Additionally, I very much liked the character in the novel, To Kill a Mockingbird.

Finding: I finished listening to Jeckyll and Hyde today. Wow, that was interesting! It would not have been so much so if you had not pointed out the parallel to addiction/alcoholism as a theme. Actually, I had to replay many parts because it was in such an old fashioned time and language that it almost needed interpretation. Maybe reading would have been easier? Maybe not.

Lav, the family visit was really great, but completely wore me out!!! I wish I could see these folks on a more regular basis so it wasn't so intense. But, it is what it is and I am grateful for the time with them.

Red, what are you reading? I am always ready to find a good book!

Captain Soots: you have done an excellent job with the boat, considering probably no experience! (Except bus driving) Thank you. If you don't mind...could we do a quick excursion to Alaska? I have always wanted to go there!

1MC, glad you are back on line! I am always happy to see you. Hope you can check in more regularly now.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening everyone,

Just finished working (sorta) and popping in for a few minutes to check in. Cool name Dill and I laughed at the pickle...no kidding, right?

I, too, have missed your voice LBH and sorry you hit some rough seas. We are human and making an effort here to take care of ourselves. I think that's the most important part. I trust we can all remind each other of that and support each other through life's trials and triumphs no matter how big or small. The point you made about generalizing really hit home for me. Hope you are feeling better tonight.

This November with you all has been and continues to be transformative. I'm so thankful for you.

Sweet dreams :l

Comment

Working...
                              X