Hi - I'm new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi - I'm new!

Hey everyone, I just found this website today and it seems like just what I need.
    I'm too shy and ashamed to go to AA and admit to people that I have a problem. So I'd like to do it this way instead.
    Right now I cannot go even one day without alcohol and I feel wretched and disgusting. I feel like I am letting my 4 beautiful children down and I now the time has come to do something about this.
    I hope I can find some advice and support here...
    :new:

Hi - I'm new!

Hi & welcome.
    You will get all the support and advice you need here. We are all in the same boat, so no need to be shy with us.
    It's very hard, I know where you are at with the disgust, and self loathing.
    Been there, got the t-shirt......
    Stick with MWO, and we will do our best to support you.:goodjob:

Comment

Hi - I'm new!

:welcome: Thenewme. You will find lots of information and support on this site. I suggest you download the book by Roberta Jewel, author of this site. Then swing by the monthly abstinence forum and at the top there is a thread called Tool Box. Check it out. It has other MWOers plans and suggestions to get AF and to go from there. How wonderful that you are starting your journey around the holidays. Sending you strength and hope.
      Redhibiscus

Comment

Hi - I'm new!

Hi and welcome TNM
        Yes, this is a great place for information and support. I think everyone has probably felt similar to the way you are feeing now at some point. I know I have.
        Have you thought about taking supplements to help you with cravings? As Red mentioned, the toolbox is a great thread to give you ideas to put a plan together.
        Here is the link
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

This documentary is also quite good to watch if you want some good old hard hitting diversion therapy. But be warned, it doesnt make nice viewing

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ary-37717.html

Above all, keep reading and posting, you can do this.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi - I'm new!

Thanks Bree and redhibiscus
          I have just ordered the book download and I'm off to check out 'toolbox'...

Comment

Hi - I'm new!

Thanks for the links startingover...hardhitting is just what I need right now!
            I'm gonna check out the supplements and whether they ship to australia.
            I don't know if my dr would ever prescribe for me though...even in my darkest days of depression I had a hard time convincing him as I can't help but put on a brave happy face and god knows I can put on a good act! Pretty stupid as it's not helping me, but I guess even tho inside i mite be crying out for help i'm still too ashamed to admit my problems and failures to anyone else!

Comment

Hi - I'm new!

just like to say hi & welcome tnm,this is a great community with good advice & support,read as many threads /posts as you can. hope to see you around. ps there are lots of your fellow country men/women here. chk them out

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi - I'm new!

Hi thenewme,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
                I highly recommend the Hypnotherapy CDs, they are quite effective in helping you to clear your head & learning to relax without AL.

Please feel free to drop in the 'Newbies Nest' thread for lots of support!

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi - I'm new!

Hello new! Welcome to the start of a new life! I don't have anything to add to the above. Ther is also an ODAT (one day at a time) thread you might like. Good luck to you!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi - I'm new!

Welcome TheNewMe!!! What a teriffic name. This place is awesome so stick around. You will be so glad you did! Best to you on your journey!:welcome:
                    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Hi - I'm new!

Welcome, TheNewMe! :welcome:

I too was too embarrassed to even check out AA, but found something wonderful in MWO. There's tons of information and support, and it's made all the difference. I'm now more than 3 months AF after 36 years of drinking. Stick around, you can do it too.

Much love to you! :h
                      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                      X