From Phil in Scotland UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Phil in Scotland UK

My wife died of cancer 2 years ago, and I have been drinking way over the top for a long time, I cannot get her out of my head, she died at home while I was on the phone calling an ambulance, I did not even get to say bye bye, I am now killing myself with drink, I just want help, PLEASE !

From Phil in Scotland UK

Phil, I am just so sorry for your loss. You sound as if you are still in so much pain. Please stick around and try the program. It is working for so many of us on here. When you realize you are not alone in this pain and struggle it makes things a lot easier. I am glad you found us. Please stay in touch.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

From Phil in Scotland UK

Phil,

I am also sorry for your loss. This program can help with the drinking. It does get better.

Stick around a while, read some posts, read the book ( I think you can still download it for free right now ) and see what you think. It is working for a lot of people.

Best,

Mike
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

From Phil in Scotland UK

hi phil so sorry to hear about your wife .I am frrom scotland as well , it sounds as if you could do with some grieving councelling as well as your ddrinking , don,t know if this will help but have you thought about speaking to your GP on both accounts i did for my drinking and now go and see someone once a week and it felt so good just to talk ,if you get help for one thing then the other may not be so difficult to deal with and stick about this page and read what others have to say ,everything helps in it,s own way good luck and best wishes maryt

Comment

From Phil in Scotland UK

hi Phil, so sorry for all that you are going through. Last year my Dad died, my sister had cancer, my daughter totalled her car and son got arrested for drugs. I also was drinking myself to death. I highly recommend the cds...I am amazed at how well the hypnosis is helping me to reprogram my thinking. The book talkes about it. I am now able to drink a few glasses of wine and stop, I sleep better, and worry less. I hope you will keep reading and posting. there is light at the end of the tunnel!, Buffy

Comment

From Phil in Scotland UK

:welcome: candle is lit for you my friend!

Comment

From Phil in Scotland UK

Condolences, Phil

Hi Phil,

I send you my condolences on your loss. I believe that your wife knows that you have been trying to say goodbye each and every day since her death, as your pain is so very clear. Your wife is now at peace, and I am sure that she would want you to work out your suffering. I think that talking to someone would be a good idea as well--someone who can understand the agony of what you both must have gone through.

My thoughts are with you as you struggle with this. Welcome to our site, and may we all provide you with the support that you need. Please reach out here, and reach out for the help that you need in your community, as well, Phil!

:welcome:
              Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

From Phil in Scotland UK

Phil

Sweetheart..all my thoughts are with you and i feel and understand your pain. I hope you can find some peace here.

Lou-Lou x x x x
                "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

From Phil in Scotland UK

So sorry Phil.....I cant say much more.....I wish you Luck
                  I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                  One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

From Phil in Scotland UK

Phil,
                    I cant say I know how you feel, but my Mom has cancer and I may have to face this too. No one can predict when, where and how they will go and you were obviously doing everything in your power. Some things are just beyond our control. Like someone else said, your wife is at peace and she would never want you suffering like this. Of course we all want to feel missed and loved, but for you to carry this guilt and probably rehearsing a thousand times over how that final moment could have been different... you cannot change it. As a parent, I worry more about my children and how they would do without me, and nothing haunts me more than to think that they would stop living. Make the most of your life now and think of all the people who are hurting just like you that if you can get this thing under control, you can help them? I think you need some grief counseling as well and there is no shame in that. I feel like I need grief counseling right now and my Mom is still here! Pain drives us to a painkiller, but I am trying more than ever now to be vigilent to do this program and not get lost in sorrow or alcohol. I know that's what Mom wants, and you need to lay this burden down. You cannot carry it anymore and you were not intended to. Do it for you, and for your wife!

I wish you all the best and stick close. We will certainly encourage and help in any way we can. Get started in the meantime... it really is a wonderful program!

Take care,
                    Allie
                    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

From Phil in Scotland UK

Phil, I am so sorry for your loss. Your wife would not want you to feel so guilty and to exist in sadness and pain. Please come back and post and try this program. As others have said, it is the light at the end of the tunnel.
                      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

From Phil in Scotland UK

sorry for your loss mate i also lost someone close to me to cancer as well and i also took the easy way out which was my best friend alcohol.it will get better for you mate,i know you dont think so at the time but it will,dont waste all the good memories and good times you had with her through a bottle of vodka .

Comment

Working...
                        X