Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Determination ~ AF

Bring it on!

Let's take December by storm! It will take extra determination to get through the holidays, but we are up to the job.

"There are no gains without pains."
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Dill-Thanks so much for starting us off. December can be a chalking yet very special month for us all. I am determined to be positive and enjoy all the things I have been missing out on in previous years.

I also want to thank everyone here for helping me make it through November. I lost both my father and my first husband in November so it has always been the hardest month for me. I am Sooo glad to be done with last month.

On word and up word for December. Lets keep our sea legs good and strong and remember to baton down the hatches when the waters get rough.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Hello Dill and Lil and all to come. Very very cold and windy here today and rain is forecast later. I'm hoping you're all keeping warm and dry.
      I'm wishing everyone a successful December - there are going to be lots of challenges ahead this month but together we'll dent December!
      Have a good Tuesday gang, see you later
      Sooty

Comment

Hi to all, Lets kick butt this December! We are determined!.

MM

Comment

Very happy here to be on this thread. Taking alcohol out of the picture certainly is liberating. To freedom! Love, Ladybird.
          may we be well

Comment

Good Morning!
            Thanks Dill for getting us started!! Perfect name for December!!
            I agree...BRING IT ON!!! It's going to take determination..but we got a tough group....we can do it TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!! BTW--Great job on getting through last night!!!
            I hope everyone has a great DECEMBER 1st!!! Kickin' December's butt 1 day at a time...starting NOW!!
            SD:l
            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
            7/29/12

Comment

Thanks, Dill for starting us out with a bang! Lil - good for you for handling everything in such a tough month...those anniversaries can be so hard. Sheri - LOVE the Andretti quote; I think that is exactly it, not just desire, but the "unrelenting pursuit" of your goal, (for me, emphasis on 'Unrelenting').

LBH - to freedom, indeed. To everybody - ODAT December!
              to the light

Comment

Good Morning All!

I am in for December and beyond! Finally, my schedule has evened out, and I can start posting regularly again! I am excited to join this thread and get back in touch with all of you! :l :l

Comment

Sooty - just want to say sorry about your weather -- it's hard to stay 'up' when things are bleak weather-wise. I'm sending you some virtual sun from the desert.....
                  to the light

Comment

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHOPPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:l:l
                    I'm SOOOOO glad to have you here this month!!!!! I can't wait to catch up!!!!!! Although my life is dulls-ville so I hope I can live vicariously through you!!! How are things??? I just got yelled at by a crazy parent who at the drop of the hat started bawling and hugging me....I was a bit frightened!!! Can't imagine why her daughter is having issues in school??:H Oh well...'tis the season!!! Can't wait to see your posts...you always brighten my day!!!
                    SD
                    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                    7/29/12

Comment

I'm on board, Dill! And Sheri, you are so right on! I'll raise a glass of water and drink to "NEVER AGAIN!"

I'll be checking in every day to see how we're doing.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009! First day to total sobriety!

Comment

Hi shik! good to see you! I am in !
                        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Good afternoon friends,

Thanks for starting us off today Dill & you know I am with you 100%.
                          This is the month that I finally prove to myself that I am OK - I will get through AF!!!!!!!!

dexter - I'm looking at your signature quote - that's hysterical, I love it

I'm taking a short break from work - have been at it since 7 am!! Busy time of the year for my embroidery business - gotta love it though.

Have a great Tuesday one & all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Guys!
                            I'm in for December! Positive thoughts to all!
                            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Well, it looks like we have a good group for December! My day today was much better than yesterday. Whew!

I just got in from a stroll in the dusk. The sun was down but the moon was rising and it was big and round. Such a beautiful sight. We saw herds of deer in our fields and heard the sounds of rifle shots in the distance. (Hunting season began yesterday.) We don't allow hunting on our property so the deer were clustered here for the night. Even though we had our dogs with us, the deer did not turn tail and run. They were caught between us and the hunters in the woods and decided they had a better chance with us. Our old dogs didn't even try to chase them. I wonder if they somehow understood. (The dogs are scared to death of the sound of rifle fire, too.)

Well, I wish you all peace and a sober evening.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                              X