ODAT - Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Tuesday

Since Greenie must be sleeping in.... thought I'd start this! (Now will see if Blanchie had same idea at same time!!)

Well into Week 2.

Had a "moment" yesterday when this place I usually get my hair done was Closed - I had been Counting on going yesterday (my hair was Overdue!!)... and when I thought I couldn't, I think I had a mini-tantrum & thoughts turned to AL. Such a Baby am I?!

Anyway, it turned out for the best. Went to Better place!

But I saw from that incident that triggers can come out of nowhere... and be very Silly, to boot.

Today should be good. Going to lunch w/friend, then a bunch of other stuff to do - perhaps a bit of Christmas shopping!

Hope all have a Great day!! :l
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

ODAT - Tuesday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ahem... I did sleep in a bit. I moved my thread over to yours.

Good job yesterday savvy. I STILL have those moments! In time, you will find amazement in the moments you have a hissy fit and don't think of AL and then it becomes common. I had a temper tantrum on the shoulder of an exit ramp Saturday (out of the car flinging stuff out of the feckin' trunk :H) and AL flashed through my mind. I was tired and thirsty. And lost.

JACKRABBIT!!!

Oh boy, a brand new month!! Oh, that's right, this is ODAT. OK. Oh boy, a brand new day!

I'm so glad to see so many putting forth the worthwhile effort to reclaim your life! Do whatever it takes because it is sure worth it. Remember to check in if you get the urge and read the toolbox or somone's post or try to get to chat till it passes. Put your hand out BEFORE you put it to your lips. Right? Right!

December 1, kittyhead. Let the pestering begin.

Go for the O!!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hey, greenie - I didn't see your Tuesday thread! But if there was one, how in heck did you "move it over"?? I've never seen how to delete once posted.

Who knew that "hissy fit" = Trigger! lol. But it's TRUE.
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

I'm a subscriber at the moment, so I have magical powers.
        sigpic

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Greenie why jackrabbit?
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
          AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hi everyone!
            Savon, you beat me to it today! Good job on AF!
            Day 3 for me. I feel really hopeful. Sometimes it is one minute at a time, but that is ok. Yesterday wasn't as hard as I thought. I hope today is the same.
            Have a great day everyone!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Jackrabbit is what one says (first utterance) on the first of the month for good luck. Some say other things like run rabbit run, white rabbit, etc.

Great job blanchie!!
              sigpic

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hello to all, I had a melt down too yesterday. But road tthe wave and it went away.
                Now today is mine!

Enjoy tuesday, MM

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Have never heard the Jackrabbit thing. Is it Southern? Day Two for me. Didn't sleep well, so am tired and out of it, although it's very nice not to feel as shitty as I usually do in the mornings I think I need more coffee!!!!
                  :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

I'm on Day 3 today! I feel great. I am under a lot of stress however. My mother was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer yesterday. She has less than 1 year to live. Of the 4 children, I'm the one who takes care of her. Helping her through her next several months is going to be tough. She is difficult to deal with to begin with! My friend died the other night. He lost control of his car and wound up in a pond. He was sober for over 14 years. Drinking had nothing to do with it. We "think" he suffered a heart attack. Meanwhile, I haven't been in the office since Wednesday. From all the stress and from the 2 hangovers I had prior, I just can't seem to get my act together although I am good physically. I don't have the urge to drink. I know drinking is not going to make me feel better, nor will it make me handle all these crisis in good manner. My hair dryer just broke. I'm waiting for my hair to dry before I leave for the office. In a way, I just want to crawl into bed, but I know, these feelings should pass. Have a great day everyone.
                    September 23, 2011

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Oh Reenie ... I am SO sorry to hear about your mom. Oh Lord. and your friend . Our thoughts are with you ...:l:l:l
                      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Oh my gosh, Reenie - that's a LOT to deal with! Just wanted to say how sorry I am.

Maybe it'll be good to be at work and get your mind off things for a while. No one could blame you for crawling in bed, though.

God Bless!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Reenie-Sorry to hear about your mom and also your friend. That has to be hard to deal with.

I'm on day 5 and feeling pretty good. Went for a 1-1/2 mile walk today at lunch (that just doesn't happen). I take taxis everywhere. I stopped at my favorite bar last night to drop something off and told the bartender that I wasn't drinking that night. Again, that just doesn't happen. Hope everyone is having a great day!

CTF (formerly Mr. Vodka) Someone suggested going with something more positive and I'm not very creative so this is all I got.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Reenie, I to am sorry to hear about the challenges you are facing... I know how hard it is and will be. I too was the care giver for my mom and had several years of challenges before she past. (just last year). Years before that I had done the same thing with my father. I am so glad you are here getting support and are aware of you problems with AL.
                            I developed my problems with AL while I was caring for all and didn't realize the progression I was taking with abusing AL until it was almot over and my best friend was wine. Not a very good best friend. So now I am trying to get mysself back.
                            You will be on a tough road for a while , but it will get better and you will get through it. and AL will only make it worse..AL will make the emotion worse, the pain worse, coping will be worse and the time it takes to grieve and recover will be much longer with AL. Please don't be fooled like I was. I am wishing you much strength and come here for more support when you can.
                            Hugs, MM

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Reenie, there will always be challenges. I did the same thing as MM - with scotch. MM is giving advice that is spot on.

Closer, closer you are! :goodjob:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X