Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am back and excited to be AF... here is the latest

Hi all-

I am back after a dramatic few days which included a major low point. I had a serious row with my significant other and thought I'd be better off without him. Part of the reason is because over the summer, when I asked him if we could have an AF house, he flipped out after 12 days and said if I had a problem then he was out the door. Well I told him finally that YES I DO HAVE A PROBLEM and he MUST know how bad it is after living with me for over a year. If my health does not matter to him then I am the one leaving. Oh boy, he has changed his tune and is ready to support me. I don't have to feel so ashamed anymore and try to hide it. No waking up hung over and sneaking a beer because its THERE and its a NEED rather than a WANT at this point. And I just can't, I just cant resist it when its staring me in the face. Not in the early stages anyway. It has been a daily part of our lives but I am the one who goes completely out of control once every few weeks. I have lost entire weekends. I have done and said things I am not proud of. I have left work in tears, suffering a breakdown because I CANNOT handle it. My Dad is in the same boat only advanced 30 years and I CANT end up like that. My life is ahead of me. I have a bright future. Finally I can come home to an AF house and I actually have a chance. I am going to do the absolute best I can. I am riding out the withdrawls and waiting for my body to recover. I wanted to share and seek out my old buddies. I am back because whether I threw him out or got him to change his tune-- I had to get this chance for myself!! LOVE to all that have supported me since I joined in February. And if you are new... Welcome and you CAN DO IT!!!!

Sincerely,
    Liath

Way to go, liath!!! Proud of you!!!! :l
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Liath, awesome!!! I remember you, fellow resident of the drunken Badger state!!
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

You too Dexterhead! How have you been?? We are still here struggling and fighting for our lives! I was busy with a major test for a couple months and suddenly it was time to celebrate being finished, applying to schools,etc. Next thing you know I am drinking every day again. YUCK! Even if I was not binging hard core, 2-3 drinks a night is ridiculous and I can't justify it anymore. The fact that its so damn hard for me to stop is the absolute scariest thing about it though!
        Liath

Comment

Liath,

I for one am happy to see you back
          I'm glad that you asserted yourself & finally had you wishes heard! Being ignored by your spouse, SO or whatever really hurts!

I see you have joined us for our Determined December group - that's great.
          Hang in there, you will be feeling much better in just a few days. I'm glad I did, my life has improved immensely Your's will too!

Wishing you the best!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Welcome back Liath! Good for you getting completely honest with yourself about the situation, and for being decisive about the home environment you need.

WE CAN!!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks so much Lav,

I had to be willing to walk away in order to assert myself. I am not going to be ruled by fear anymore. Going AF is about taking my life back! I am going to take it by storm! I have caused trouble during many a holiday because of my drinking. I am not going to waste those precious days nursing a hang over this year. I am not going to suffer the embarrassment of hearing that my sis and her husband had to drag me out of the bar after everyone else had had enough. For me, its never enough. Have to change my mind set right now!!!
              Liath

Comment

And you too DG. Thanks alot.
                Liath

Comment

Working...
                X