Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to join me to get started AF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me again

:new:

Hi again to all.
    Just wanted to state something. If I can get through 8pm to 10 pm then I just have to take my sleeping pills and my mug of hot milk and I wake up rested and AF. So simple and yet so complicated...
    I'm lucky that I don't really have a hangover when I get up in the morning and I have never had withdrawal symptoms but I do get "wormies" in my stomach in early evening, about an hour before I would start drinking.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi I just joined tonight,
      Im desperate to be AF and have thought about nothing else in the last few weeks,
      I have managed to have a good no. of AF days which for me is quite an achievement!

My plan is to get christmas over and give up completely on 1st jan, I dont like the cliche
      of new years resolutions but i somehow feel its a good time to start what will be a new entire life, im going to have to change almost everything about the way i live. I thought
      its also a good place to start as lots of people detox in jan and I wont have to do lots of explaining about it.

I really scared though! I afraid it will be so difficult that I will fail and I cant stand the depression that goes with the failure!

Please please can we do this together, im sure it will make it easier.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Chill.
        Thanks for your note. Glad you joined us. I think we are truly lucky to have found this site. There is so much support out there and it's from people who know exactly what we are talking about and can understand us. And that is so much better than advice from people who are trying to help but haven't lived with the problems alcohol can cause. About your going AF Jan. 1 - if that's what works for you then go for it. It would be easier on one hand not to explain why you're not joining the others for a holiday drink, but then waking up every day during the holidays not hungover and with a secret little smile in your head is a good thing too. That's what I'm aiming for.There is someone else who is joining me starting day 1 today but wants to remain anonymous so far. So if you want to join us today or over the next few days, please do. We're all rooting for each other here and from what I've read and you will too, if you should trip while walking down the AF path, there are so many hands here that will reach out and help you get back on your feet. Good hearing from you. Keep in touch.
        Stirly:wavin:

Comment

stirly-girly;771945 wrote: :new:

Wow! I didn't expect to get so many responses so quickly.:thanks:
          First, JC (JackieClaire), my goal is AF, not moderation. I simply cannot stop once I start so that's my only choice. I will check out the Newbies as you suggested.
          Hartley and CryBaby - way to go! Keep up the good work.
          Hey Buck - you're doing a great job at moderation. You mentioned getting AF eventually. I'm planning on tomorrow being Day 1.How about going AF with me? Want to come along and see how we do? That way by Christmas we would have an extra reason to celebrate after over two weeks of AF days. Give it a thought and let me know :coolsanta:
          Sure, I'm with you. I started yesterday. And I can say this, it's harder than I thought to go all day without a drink. If I come home and go inside and sit down and watch TV, it's easy. But if I come home and go out to the shop to do some welding or work on my truck, there's this little voice talking to me to go to the store. I was about to go crazy trying to find out where that voice was coming from. So, I went inside and waited on my wife to come home. Damn, this is hard. But, I going for 2 in a row today.
          Buck

Comment

Way to go Buck!!!

:yay:
            I can't tell you how happy I am that you decided to join us. Someone else sent me a private message yesterday that he wants to start today as well. I'm in Europe, he's in USA so waiting to here from him if he's still on for starting along with me. I know it's super hard but you know what - we can do this. One step at a time, one day at a time. When the little voices start to talk, why don't you just come to MWO and start to read the threads. Everyone is just so supportive, like friends we didn't know we had.
            Again, Buck, so glad to hear from you. A long walk or a nice soak in the tub might help still those voices too. Or how about a funny movie or a good book. Keep on trying. We're all in this together.
            :rays:Stirly

Comment

stirly-girly;772312 wrote: :yay:
              I can't tell you how happy I am that you decided to join us. Someone else sent me a private message yesterday that he wants to start today as well. I'm in Europe, he's in USA so waiting to here from him if he's still on for starting along with me. I know it's super hard but you know what - we can do this. One step at a time, one day at a time. When the little voices start to talk, why don't you just come to MWO and start to read the threads. Everyone is just so supportive, like friends we didn't know we had.
              Again, Buck, so glad to hear from you. A long walk or a nice soak in the tub might help still those voices too. Or how about a funny movie or a good book. Keep on trying. We're all in this together.
              :rays:Stirly
              Speaking of a Good BOOK. I'm still waiting on my book that I bought from here. I tried downloading it, but this damn Vista crap is driving me crazy. So I just bought it. But, yes. I'm in it for the long run with you. I'm also in the Good-O USA.
              Buck

Comment

Hey Buck, hope you get your book soon.
                How are you doing? I managed to be AF yesterday and am planning to do so again today. I have got so much support from so many of you at MWO that I feel that I am truly blessed to have found this sheltering nest.
                Are you still with us on the AF path? If not, just reach out a hand and many will be there to get you back on your feet when you're ready.
                Take care,
                Stirly
                :earth:

Comment

Hey everyone...I would love to join you, even though I'm a few weeks behind. I'm starting over...again...today...after a horrible time last night.

Comment

Hi Schaef.
                    Stirly again. In case you don't remember, we've already met. I'm from Canada, too.
                    It's never too late to late to join us, and as another member of MWO has stated, every day is Day 1. Every day is a new day with its own challenges and its own rewards. Glad to have you aboard. Drop into the Newbie Nest as well. There's always an extra twig waiting for you.
                    Here's hoping you will find the inspiration this time to help you lead a healthier life for both you and your family.

Comment

Hi Stirly! I sent you a message last night. Last month I managed to quit for seven days with the support of this site...praying that this time I will be done destroying my life for good. Thanks!

Comment

Yeah Schaef, I got it and sent you a reply but I think it got lost in the mail so I resent it just now... check your Private Messsge box..
                        Stirly

Comment

Hi Stirly and everyone,
                          I am in too! I made it one day last week but then back to the wine, then I over eat so I don't feel as bad in the morning to go to work and then I still end up needing carbs, then by 5:00 I feel great when I get off work and it is so easy to stop at the store and get another bottle of Pino Grigio. I am ruining my family. I made it 40 days last year on this site so I too know it can be done. I have a hard time posting a lot because of work but I am in.
                          Hanging

Comment

Hi, thank you for sending me a message and making contact, may be we could chat to each to each other and help each other. I have now posted a thread, take a look. Like you have said we all have a personal journey and a hand to hold would no doubt help us on that start to a healthier life, im here and willing if you are? well up for chatting and listening

Comment

Hi

Im with you, i havent even done 24 hours as yet, but want and need to :new

Comment

Hi Stirly and everyone else!

Just dropped by to say that I have made it 8 days. I have a MUCH better life without AL. Whatever I thought AL was doing to enhance my life, either stopped working a long time ago or the price was too high. Life is sooo much better without it!

happy holidays!
                                Liath

Comment

Working...
                                X