Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODAT Tuesday Dec 9 --- Check in you guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Tuesday Morning!!
    How are you all doing out there? It's a wild and crazy day here in the Northeast with a lot of blowing snow and very cold temps. Great day to stay in, relax and read a book.
    I hope everyone is doing great today and that we will all record a big fat -0- in the drinktracker! Have an awesome Tuesday!
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

What day is it really?

:new:
    Hi MNB.
    Stirly-Girly here. I'm new to MWO - just joined a few days ago and started a thread yesterday. I'm so amazed about the enthusiasm and support here from all the members, whether they are AF or mods or still trying to find the right Day 1!! What does ODAT mean? Just curious.
    :wavin:Stirly
    P.S. It's Wednesday here...
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

ODATERS!!!!

Welcome stirly girly! ODAT means one day at a time, whatever your goal is, the focus is on today!

I had a busy day out of town yesterday. I remember a time when it was a real effort to keep from drinking before attending a dentist appointment. Ugh!

Here's a little AF bonus for you! Night before last, I needed to reach something so instead of going to get the kitchen step ladder, I got the office chair which has wheels. Needless to say, greenie feckin' ignored the warning from the smart part of the brain and stood on it. Fell off the chair, whacked my head on the edge of the open door to the room and had to drive myself to urgent care. (Neighbor had been drinking wine). This was my first AF emergency! Actually, my first emergency - believe it or not, I don't have many . I was chuffed to walk into the UC bleeding but sober.

BTW, if any of you are using drink tracker, I'm on there, but my numbers represent 8oz glasses of water. Just so ya know! I started a water thread in Holistic healing. It makes a big diff. in yourself.

Go for the O!! And don't stand on chairs.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello all you ODATERS, Enjoying another AF clear headed morning but feel a cold is getting the best of me. At least I know it's a real cold.
        Hi MNB, glad to see you start the thread. Have a cozy day. Any particular book?

Hi SG, glad to see you posting in. Mwo gave me the shove and support I needed to get going. I wish you the same. The more AF days you can get the clearer you'll be able to learn what you need.

Greenie, I'm so glad you are OK. How scary...I know whenever you ignore that voice in your head...Opps why did I do that! How did you know your neighbor had been drinking? smell or told you? Hope you feel better.

mm

Comment

:new: I'm here, but out in the cold.
          Buck

Comment

Good morning ODATER'S.
            Snowing here. That will keep me from getting in my car to buy alcohol. Going to go outside and play with my girls. Then maybe bake some cookies.
            Stay strong everyone and have a great day!

Comment

Happy Tuesday all. I've just been busy as heck. Why do my customers try to fit a full month of business in the first two weeks of December. I just wish they fit a full month in the second two weeks too! Haha, call me scrooge but I'd work xmas day if it meant steady business. Oh well. ODAT and sparkling blueberry in a wine glass for me. Looks great by the fire with the xmas tree glowing. I'll have to post a picture.

Comment

Good morning/afternoon/evening to everyone. I hope at least some of you are enjoying better weather than we are in the midwest. It's suppose to become windy and colder with rain, sleet, snow as possiblities....not much accumualtion just nasty stuff. Anyways, I know it will be an AF day as I have a dr. appt. Thursday morning. I'm a bit nervous but I guess that I need to find out how bad of shape the body is in due to drinking. Have a great day everyone.

BTW Greenie- OUCH!! I hope you're feeling alright.

Comment

Hi ODATers,
                  I'm feeling shaky here, hope you all are doing ok. It's cold and dark, brrrrr.......
                  Greenie, I hope you are doing ok. What a trip!
                  Good think you let everyone know about drink tracker, thanks!
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Greenie: NO standing on chairs with wheels!!!
                    stirly-girly: Welcome! Glad to have you join us
                    mighty mouse: I'm reading John Lennon The Life. It's an 800+ page biography and very interesting.

Stay warm everybody! It's nasty out there in the U. S. today
                    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

I know that by checking in here and doing my AF hosuekeeping, I will enjoy another sober day.

Good luck to all.
                      "It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Comment

:thanks:
                        Hi to all. Stirly here again. Thanks so much to Greenie, MM and MNB for their messages of welcome. MWO is just amazing to me. I never would have imagined so much support from total strangers. Hartley - keep up the good work. Greenie, hope you're okay. Those chairs can be dangerous!! Toppled off one myself a few years ago. Luckily no scrapes or bruises.
                        Take care all. Don't let the weather get you down. Easy for me to say. I'm half way across the other side of the world and we still have decent temps. A great AF aft and evening to all.
                        Stirly
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

HI ALL - checking in late... but AF.

Stirley - welcome -- and I'm on WEDNESDAY, too!! Guess I must be in "your own little world"!! And you thought you were alone...

Greenie - Good Grief. Scary stuff - but thank goodness you were AF so you could drive! Esp. since neighbor couldn't... Hope you're ok.
                          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
                          X