It is WORTH IT people!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is WORTH IT people!

I cannot tell you how much better I feel today. I am only 2 days sober, but I can already tell a difference. The withdrawal symptoms are uncomfortable, but I just keep telling myself "this too shall pass." I am taking the ALL ONE powder in the mornings and the CALMS FORTE throiughout the day and at bedtime. Today, I will take my dog for a long walk outdoors, and I have also added a "meditation time" iin the morning. I get up 1 hour earlier (5 a.m.!) and I read a daily inspiration from a book that I bought and the 13 Recovery statements from Women for Sobriety. If you haven't found this site, go to Welcome to Women For Sobriety, Inc. to request info. I bought the Beginner's Special. This is totally worth it. This is my new life and I look forward to it. I am NO LONGER A VICTIM. I am taking control of my life for my three beautiful daughters! There is so much to look forward to!! I just thought I would post this in an effort to inspire someone. If I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT...and I am only 2 days in!! :h
    Part of learning is getting it Wrong.
    The past is gone forever. Keep it Moving.

It is WORTH IT people!

:goodjob:

Love the positive attitude!!!!!
    Stay strong
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

It is WORTH IT people!

Keg, you are right this too shall pass!! You are in my prayers and my God bless you and your children!

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

It is WORTH IT people!

Hi Keg
        Im finding a lot of help from a book by Wayne Dyer "Excuses Begone" its not about alcohol but a lot of it can be applied as im sure you know we make up every excuse possible as to why we must have a drink.
        Wishing you courage & strength!
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

It is WORTH IT people!

:yougo:Awesome keg!!!:yougo:

Keep up that great attitude and hard work. It will pay off. If I can, you can.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

It is WORTH IT people!

Hi Keg,
            With such a positive attitude I'm sure a wonderful future AF awaits you. I have not managed to stay AF yet - I always fall of the wagon after 4-5 days. I'm going to check out the Women for Sobriety website. Alcohol does so much more damage to a woman - we should never have had that first drink.Lol. So today is day 2 for me, and I find that by day 4 I start feeling great. Great enough to have just one. The rest is history. So beware that feeling great can actually be a strong trigger and plan your day very carefully around it.
            Good luck.
            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

It is WORTH IT people!

I am very happy for you keg!!!!
              Keep that focus - no matter what!!!!
              You will absolutely love the results & so will your daughters
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

It is WORTH IT people!

Congrats Keg, Your on your way!!! Stay strong and determined. :goodjob:

Jessie, Hang in there. Your learning. I'm trying to focus on my great mornings and the freedom I have for my days when AF.

Comment

Working...
                X