Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very good at drinking...

Chill and Stirly,

THANK YOU and all so much for your supportive words! Sometimes I feel so alone, like I am here by myself. I have tried so hard to hide my addiction over the years - you can only imagine. It feels like I am having a secret love affair with wine (margharitas, cosmos, etc.). How can something that feels so good at first sip, cause so much heartache?

I know I am making the right move. I just have to get through it. I have planned another holiday party at my house for a another group of friends (Saturdays didn't end well) for TOMORROW night! I actually have to go to the store and buy my booze supplies today. I told myself that I am just drinking seltzer and if I can get through that it's on to the next thing.

I appreciate your advise with the friends. I know they mean well when they tell me I am being too hard on myself. I am strong in so many ways, why am I so weak to say no to drinking? It's like a little voice in my head says "you're being rediculous about this whole quitting drinking thing, just cut back, moderation.." Well moderation doesn't work for me. One glass is the same as 4 or 5. I can't stop until I am fully buzzed.

I am going to keep blogging guys, it may be it this time....

Cathy

Comment

I'm very good at drinking...

Sunny. Have to sign off but just wanted to throw in a last suggestion. When I'm at a party especially this time of year (whether it's my own or someone else's) and people ask me why I'm not drinking, I just say that I'm kind of watching the calories and that I'd rather eat the extra calories than drink them. I have never gotten a negative reply to that. Say that you've had a bit of a problem with your stomach and are on meds and alcohol is strictly forbidden. A little white lie in this case never hurt. Be strong...Stirly
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
      X