Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

Morning Guys
    Anyone want to join me in pledging a AF day today?
    :anyone:
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

Mornin' Chill.
    I'm still with you and feeling better every day. Just stopped by for a quick hi!. Will sign off soon and finally get my tree up and decorated. A happy AF day to you all...
    Stirly
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

Woohoo AF day for me!

I feel like I am coming down with something today, but y'know what? It's not a hangover so I don't care!! I don't feel ashamed or guilty about having a cold (does that make sense?!)

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

ODATERS!!!

One eye open here and I sure see a lot of energy!! How wonderful!!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Uni & MNB, I'd like to hear from you. Especially MNB at the moment, I saw you wanting chat the other day.

Got the staples out yesterday. I never did see what was back there as it's in a blind spot. But the nurse said it looked good. I had a little teasing at a party about falling off a chair sober. Not drunk, just stupid :H I'd rather be stupid any day!

Another busy day and it seems my brain started ahead of time so I got up.

Go for the 0!!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

Hey Chill enjoyed our chat the other day. Good for you for deciding on an AF day. I will join you today and show my support for you and the others here at ODAT, you can succeed guys.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

We can all succeed, KTAB. Welcome to another AF day.
            Hi Greenie. Glad to hear you got the staples out and you're coming along okay.
            U-Buns, hope it's nothing more than a cold. Whatever it is, it's much easier to cope with without the bottle in hand...
            Stirly XX
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

Hello all ODAT is like my motto for everything not just the booze. i am here and happy today think i fended off another flu. xoxo rm

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

Hi guys,

I was able to check in today! Wow - that is few and far between these days with the busy job!

Af yesterday and another one today. I have an event tonight however I also have a crappy cold so I am going with the "I'm really doped up on Benilyn today and shouldn't mix that with alcohol" excuse. I figure that'll shut everyone up! LOL

Have a great one guys!

Love and hugs,
                Uni
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

I am in with all for another AF day for me. Only on day 5 here and ODAT for 6.

Good job to all as we maneuver the trip.

com
                  Com1

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

I'm here with you too, day 2 here and day 3 AF. But, I've quit before and usually get through 4 or 5 days no problem, but come Thursday and Friday my conditioned ways for over 30 years overtake me. After all it's the weekend and I am feeling better. That little inner voice says "oh for crying out loud, relax, you have broken any laws, life is still in order, why give up such a good thing, what's a couple of glasses of wine going to do?"

I WILL BE HERE later this week to fight that person, hang in there with me....

sunnyside

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

Hi,

This is my 2nd day on this site, and 4 days AF....

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

Hi Odaters!

I am so happy all of you are doing great! And so happy that this thread has survived its near extinction, thanks Greenie!

Another AF for me - Day 3, feeling fantastic! But, how to get thru day 4 and 5? I guess I will start to worry about it tomorrow.

Have a great Af one!
                        MZ

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

:welcome:

Sunnyside and Sauria, great to have you along!

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

Day 13......doing fine.

AF - check
                            Work - check
                            Kids - miraculously unscathed-ish
                            Wife - oh deary deary me. Bit fucked that one.

Keep on keeping on, everyone.
                            "It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Comment

ODAT Tuesday anyone?

Happy ODAT all. I don't count days and I'm not really AF all the time since I'll have a sip. But I passed six months now and just keeping on going. Now I'm re-living memories of last year when I was both drinking and struggling to stop. Every time I plan an event, or participate, I try to remember what I did last year. And half the time my brain comes back with "You don't remember last year because you know why!".

I'm definitely getting stronger every day. I'm definitely envisioning getting through the next three weeks with no slips. This year, I'm much better able to do events and mingle around people drinking without even getting a twinge. I'm finding new social events and groups where there are obviously ex drinkers For instance, I have a charity Christmas dinner this week, and past experience says this group does fancy wine and fancy bottled water; about half and half. So with the cheese and canapes the waiter carries champagne glasses half with bubbly perrier water in them. With a group like that, staying AF is pretty easy and it will be an enjoyable event for me. Probably much more enjoyable than getting soused at 8pm and wondering the next day whether I was having too much fun.

Happy ODAT for all, and may all your holiday plans bring the blessings of the season, without the alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                              X