Trying once again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying once again

I am in the middle of trying to abstain for a while. I am not sure if I am ready to stop forever, so I am attempting to control it. I have been dry for 2weeks - the longest I have ever gone is about 3years - huge amounts of stressful events sent me back again.

I am hoping to stay dry until Christmas and then be able to enjoy myself in moderation.

I have been successful in the past with moderation, where I will have a few drinks one day and then not for months,

This is not where I am now unfortunately. I have been drinking with steady increase for the past year and like I said above I have now been dry for two weeks.

I would sure love to share stories with some of you here. I dont think I could be successful at it at all without dialogue

Thank you for this site and thank you for caring

JC

Trying once again

Hi 2cats.
    You have come to the right spot for getting help with your problem. I too, joined MWO recently after checking out the posts for a week or so. Joined on Dec. 1st and I am now starting my second week AF (alcohol free). I too, was AF in the past - summer of 2003 til spring of 2006 so I know what it means to go back on the bottle after being dry for a long time.
    Don't know how much you've read of the posts on MWO, but basically this is it. We're a fine bunch of folks who happen to have something in common - a problem with "the drink" and we are all trying to face that problem one way or another to improve our health and our way of living.
    Read as many posts as you can, especially in the Just Starting Out forum and you will see how many people reflect your thoughts. The Newbie Nest is great, too. Drop in for a read and you'll find an amazing amount of support from the Old-bies and encouraging words from those of us who are recently AF or who are moderating our drinking.
    Welcome aboard,
    Stirly
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Trying once again

Thanks Stirly!

I am trying to find out where it shows whos online and I can't find it.

Cheers and Blessings
      JC

Comment

Trying once again

To tell you the truth, the only way I've seen so far to know if someone is on-line is when the green light beside their name is on. Don't know if there is anywhere that it lists which of us are on-line right at this time. Check your PM box once in a while. Older members tend to send us messages there when we first arrive!! Joining the Newbie Nest and not just reading the posts is a great idea. You will be pleasantly surprised by the posts you will get there.
        Stirly

Comment

Trying once again

:colorwelcome::hello2:

Hi jc2cats,

Love your avatar.

You're in a good safe place now with no judgement.
          Keep reading and then read some more. Good for you to try and get some AF time under your belt.
          Can you give it 30 days then review your situation?

Drop into the 'Newbies Nest'. There's always someone waiting to say hello.

J x

:l
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Trying once again

JC darlin' - you are always one of the first to support us Newbies aren't you. XXOO

Comment

Trying once again

Hi Stirly,

You're doing a grand job yourself
              If you ever find out how to post without the green light being on let me know.

J x

:l
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Trying once again

Thanks for all the support everyone - I have been reading and posting here and there - I will share my full story on this thread soon - gotta go and find things to do that don't make me think about booze.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Trying once again

Unfortunately I have failed once again. I have had 3 ciders today. I don't know exactly why. My life stresses really never seem to end, but I should be stronger than that.

I hope to have nothing to drink tomorrow.

Is anyone else this vague about their path and what they want to do about their alcoholism?

Comment

Trying once again

welcome jc2cats, you are in a great community with lots of help,advice and support here. In answer to your question i am sure we were all vague when we came here first,its not easy at the start but it can and will be done,keep posting your feelings and emotions and as stirlygirly has said check out the newbie thread.goodluck hope to see you around :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Trying once again

jc2cats;776114 wrote: Unfortunately I have failed once again. I have had 3 ciders today. I don't know exactly why. My life stresses really never seem to end, but I should be stronger than that.

I hope to have nothing to drink tomorrow.

Is anyone else this vague about their path and what they want to do about their alcoholism?
                      Hi JC2,
                      I'm relatively new here. But you will get lots of non-judgemental support whatever your personal goals are. Don't think of yourself as failing you are in the early stages of trying to adjust to a new way of life, whether it be moderating or abstaining, so its not going to be all plain sailing just try to learn soemthing new from each leg of your journey.
                      Vagueness or ambivalence is a big factor in my psyche. No matter what I do though I know that being AF is better all round. I also know that I cannot go back to my old routine of going out every weekend and getting lashed. I'd love to get to a stage where I could have 2-3 beers when out socially just to break through that uncomfortable feeling when out and being AF - but we'll see.
                      Anyway, best of luck and keep reading and posting, you will defeintely see the benefit of being here on MWO.

DS.

Comment

Trying once again

Thank you so much everybody for your positive messages. I am feeling more comfortable every time I come back here.

Suze

Comment

Working...
                        X