Day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 4

Well I am starting day 4 tomorrow. I went to the bank and almost stopped at the bar on the way home and my will power got me home. I am going to pick up L gultamine tomorrow. I have minor/moderate social anxiety since i could remember. Is quiting alcohol going to help with my anxiety? Even though I am at the end of day 3 I am feeling more relaxed, but a short fuse and feeling anxious( like when I quit smoking). Any other advice on things I can do? Thanks.

Day 4

alcoholsucs;776062 wrote: Well I am starting day 4 tomorrow. I went to the bank and almost stopped at the bar on the way home and my will power got me home. I am going to pick up L gultamine tomorrow. I have minor/moderate social anxiety since i could remember. Is quiting alcohol going to help with my anxiety? Even though I am at the end of day 3 I am feeling more relaxed, but a short fuse and feeling anxious( like when I quit smoking). Any other advice on things I can do? Thanks.
    This is the first time I've taken supplements while quitting. Even though I've got a shitty cold, they are undoubtedly helping. Physically I have no desire to drink. Mentally is another area entirely! Don't go easy on the L-glutamine. Dose up on it - there's a number of threads that debate optimum amounts but you'll settle on what seems to work for you.

Other mood-calming/anti-crave supps I'm on are Gaba, 5-HTP, Kudsu, St. John's Wort and a brand called Adrenasense.

Good luck.
    "It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Comment

Day 4

Unfortunately, your anxiety is going to get worse before it gets better. I have awful panic attacks when I quit drinking and just have to keep reminding myself that it's the withdrawals from the alcohol. They only last a couple days tops.

And then yeah --what Hartley said.
      Kelly

Comment

Day 4

I take L-Theanine each morning and it really helps. Okay to take it with L-glut and other supps. Also, hot tea with a bit of honey at night is quite soothing. Oh, and some exercise if you're up for it will surely help.

Quite a bit of anxiety is to be expected, but it sounds like you are already experiencing some benefits. Big congrats on day 3!

Comment

Day 4

I find it a lot easier to do anything with a clear head. Yep, for us social isolationists, a drink or 10 would allow social interaction or at least our comprehension of it.

Being AF will not allow me to be more outgoing by itself. But when I do push myself, it is much easier to be interactive without a hangover.

coma
          Com1

Comment

Day 4

Day 4

I'm anxious too and can't sleep. Its day 4, actually the middle of the night going into day 5. I have other things going on in my life that are causing me a lot of emotional pain so I'm not sure quite what's going on. I'm taking HTP 5 and magnesium. I think I'll try some of the other supplements too.
            Its not so much the physical desire to drink but the mental desire as a drink or 10 would ease my relationship anxiety for a brief period. However, the hangover would cause me to act so as to stuff it up again so I really have to keep going to find out whether I can get my act together in all areas of my life and have some more permanent and meaningful comfort and security in my life.
            So lets suck it in and keep going. I feel better having popped in here and shared my immediate feelings. Thanks xxx

Comment

Day 4

alcoholsucs and Lissie - Hang in there - the first 4 days are the worst for a lot of people. Congratulations to you both for getting this far. Know that it can be done, many here have done it. I'm over 4 months AF now after 36 years of drinking, and feel more confident than I ever have that I can stay that way, thanks to all the support and information I found here. Love and hugs to you both! :h
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Day 4

Hi Guys - I am on day 4 as well and I do have a wicked cold too! Blech! I have trouble sleeping, etc. but I try to meditate and get the anxiety feelings out of me before I fall asleep and it seems to be working a bit. Let's keep pressing on. We can do this!
                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Day 4

Way to go Wagoneer! Keep up the good work.
                  Sorry about the cold but at least you won't be complicating it by drinking and having a hangover the next day.
                  Take care,
                  Stirly
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                  X