need change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need change

I have been drining hard everyday for about the last 7 years. Everything has seemed fine until recently when I moved to AZ, I noticed that i have been slacking at my job at times and I am on the verge of ruining a relationship with the girl of my dreams. I get very mean when I drink. I say things that are not true, and try to hurt the people closest to me for no reason at all. My girlfriend is sleeping right now and I am afraid for to wake. I am a very bad person.
    I am so scared to quit drinking. The bottle has been my best friend for a long time. Not to mention all my friends are heavy drinkers, everybody drinks at the place I live, I just dont know what to do. thanks for your time

need change

:welcome: Pale,

You're in a good safe place now. A place where no one judges.

Arm yourself with the book,the supps.

Write yourself a plan of your goals, are you hoping to be totally AF (alcohol free) or moderate.

Whichever path you choose. Some one will be here to support you.

J x
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

need change

Hello Paleblueeyes and welcome to MWO.
      I'm Stirly-Girly and I'm fairly new here myself.
      From what you wrote in your post, you have realised that you have a problem with alcohol and want to do something about it. You have come to a good place. Most of the folks here are in or have been in the same situation that you are now. They know that they have to do something or their continued drinking is going to lead to disaster. Whether it's to do with their personal life, their professional life or their health.
      You say that you are scared to stop drinking, that the bottle has been your best friend for years. Earlier in your post you said that you get very mean when you drink and that you say things that aren't true, that you say things to hurt people and that you are on the verge of ruining your relationship with your girlfriend.
      So...alcohol is not your best friend. Alcohol is a very destructive factor in your life. If you continue spending time with your best buddy "the bottle", you will continue to be on a downward spiral. Alcohol is anything but your best friend. Alcohol is your enemy. Face that fact and you will be able to do something about it.
      You have made a very positive step by joining MWO. I am not a professional. I am just an alcoholic who is trying to be alcohol free to improve my life. So I cannot advise you, I can only offer you a suggestion. Read as many post as you can here. You will realize that you are not alone. These are a great bunch of people at MWO. They offer unconditional support to all of us who want to improve our lives by getting our drinking problem under control.
      So again,:welcome: to MWO
      Stirly
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

need change

Start here. Ask for advice. Take what you need from us. Most importantly, make a plan. There is no magic bullett for this. It is work and dedication and sometimes being in place that makes you uncomfortable.

You will, if you give it what it takes, be able to gain control of your life again and be happy. I am no longer in touch with half of the people I used to party with. In reality, they were only friends who I drank with. The ones that are important are still here. Not quality, quantity. Good luck.
        AF since 2/4/10
        Nicotine free since 3/31/10
        FINALLY FREE

Comment

need change

Pale,

I agree with Shiraz, drinking friends are sometimes just that. When I've broken down with friends I thought were good in the past saying I really need to quit, they tried to convince me that drinking is OK. Why? Because they want Party Girl around to drink with and because they aren't ready to admit they may have a problem too. It's time to think about what's right for YOU and your loved ones.

I'm only 5 days into this but it has been a long time coming. I am so certain that I am going to last this time - because I am so READY! I was mostly a fun-loving drunk, but I did snap at my husband quite a bit. And, my kids have seen me pass out, fall down, throw up... not pretty.

Keep reading and keep posting. In just 5 days MWO has helped so much!

You're not a bad person, start with saying I am a new, changed person and believe it...

Sunnyside

Comment

need change

I agree as well, it seems as though all of our stories are so similiar. Together we can do this.
            hanging...

Comment

need change

Hey Blue Eyes

Your story is like mine too (except I'm a girl!!) It's day 4 for me, it's up and down but this place is keeping me sane and totally on track. Keep coming back and read as much as poss cos we are the same here and everyone understands and nobody judges.

Keep strong.

Comment

need change

Hi there paleblueeyes
                I'm day 4 and hanging in here as much as I can. Finding everything hard today. I lost the love of my life and am gradually winning back his love. I've learnt the hard way. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better than today and that my life will get a whole lot better from now on and I sincerely hope the same for you dear boy. See you back here soon.
                Lissie

Comment

Working...
                X